please help me fix it is occuring every time try to verify my drawing

Capture.JPG

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

1.  Send your error report, you can get CER_0000000.....contact Customer Support to follow up on this issue, provide the error report number for tracking purposes. check mail

2. Repair corrupt AutoCAD files command EXPORTTOAUTOCAD, WBLOCK & RECOVERALL.

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Helpful Links: Prepare your computer for download |  Autodesk Virtual Agent | Clean Uninstall | Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please check for all the updates for your AutoCAD 2016.  The most current version is M.151.0.0 AutoCAd 2016.0.11.

Then, go to the Nvidia site and get the most current driver for your graphics card. I believe the current version is 416.34.

Next, please verify that your Windows 10 is fully updated as well. If the problem continues, please attach a sample file for me to examine.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I haven't seen another post on this issue from you so I thought I would check back to see if the problem has been resolved.  Did you check for the updates I suggested?  

If this is happening in specific files, then a bit of file maintenance might help to fix the problem.  Try running AUDIT on the file(s) to see if everything returns to normal.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

I have been doing the following:

1. Recover
2. Purge > Y
3. Audit > Y
4. DXFOUT
5. Close File
6. Open File
7. -pu > A > > N
8. Audit > y
9. Save back to DWG

The file I posted keep making it to step 4 before crashing. It then became useless. I went to a *.bak of the file
And made the changes that were lost and found a new recovery tool, LAYDEL. It seems that the file had
Gotten corrupted with bad layers (AecObjExplode). Deleting them one by one put the file back on the right
Path. What’s ticking me off is, it seems, every file I’ve touched in the last week has had corruption issues. I’d like to know why that’s happening.

j
Message 6 of 12
pendean

@Anonymous wrote:
it seems, every file I’ve touched in the last week has had corruption issues. I’d like to know why that’s happening.

No idea, we don't have access to your DWG files or system or where/how to store and recover files.

Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share one of the bad files with me so I can take a close look at it?

John Vellek

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I created a new post that has the files attached. The post is called AUTOCAD CORRUPTING ALL FILES.
I’m going to call our local vendor to see if they can do anything. I have a pile of redlines that I need to get done but I’m not touching them until this gets resolved.

John, thanx for taking the time! This is serious for me.

j
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

John,

I tried to respond to one of your emails with the files but I don't think it went through.  Attached are the files that I have been 'experimenting' with this AM.  The DXF was created by:

Recover

Purge > A

Audit

DXFOUT (close file)

Open File

-pu>A><enter>>n

Audit

Save back to DWG.

It's OK, the file 6SCTQ100_RevD from 27Sep18 is a server b/u, the file 6SCTQ100RevDTEST is the file that I changed some line types, layers of said line and linetype scale.  Recover and Recoverall crash.

What can you tell me about AutoCad Electrical 2015 and Windows 10?  Our local vendor seems to think there may be issues.

j

Message 10 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for attaching the files.  I found that it took several rounds of cleanup before I no longer received any errors.  I used AUDIT, PURGE (All), and -PURGE>Regapps.

Lastly, I saved down to 2013 format from my AutoCAD 2019.

As far as 2015 product and Windows 10  is concerned, I am always a bet trepidation with this combination as 2016 is really the first generation that was really designed to run in that OS.

Have you verified that you have applied all updates and available hotfixes for Electrical?

John Vellek

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

2013 is the ‘top of the food chain’ for AE2015. I’ve been saving to 2013 format for several companies now.
I did read that Win10 and AE2015 aren’t close friends, I’m not sure if you can answer this but I found a tech
Note on the AutoDesk website that says Microsoft WIN10 Update KB3081448 needed to be installed for
AE2015 to work on WIN10. The closest update I have is KB3085528, which should be newer and includes
any previous patches, I would think.

What does -PURGE>Regapps do to the drawin?

I’ll try that on some files I have from yesterdays attempt to get some work done and see if it helps.

j
Message 12 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

For a description on RegApps, I am pasting in an older post from Tony Tanzillo that does a nice job:

AutoCAD and many user/3rd party applications can attach additional information to entities in a drawing, which is saved with the drawing.

For example, when you attach a hyperlink to an entity, AutoCAD stores the hyperlink URL; description; and other information with the entity, using a regapp as a 'key'. When AutoCAD or a user application needs that data, it uses the same regapp/key to retrieve it and AutoCAD returns only the data associated with the specified regapp/key. 

That allows more than one application to attach data to the same entity without it becoming confused or mixed up with data attached by another application. It has nothing to do with 'round-tripping' (a generic term used to describe data that goes through some kind of translation process, and then back through an inverse translation process returning to the same format it original had).

If there is no data in any entity for a given regapp, it means the regapp is not used in the drawing, and is therefore elegible for purging.

AutoCAD ensures that no harm can be done by purging something because it will only allow an item (regapp or anything else you can purge) to be purged if it is not used, so you can just purge them all and not worry about it.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report