Fast / quickly working not possible

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Kay_Rethmeier
781 Views, 6 Replies

Fast / quickly working not possible

Hi,

I'm using AutoCAD now since 1995. Up to version 2007 / 2008 (don't know exactly...) AutoCADs behaviour was fast. Since ~10 years, I would say since the ribbon interface there is everytime a small timespan after clicking a command for about 0,5 seconds where nothing happens.

I know switching of the properties will help for faster selecting. 

Zooming/paning is OK.

In my video I'm showing the timespan, especially at picking the block-points for dragging, but also by using a command. There is no difference in which order command and object is selected.

Hardwaresupport is switched on, but 3D-stuff is off.

DELL Precision 7520 with 2GB Graphic card, SSD, 32 GB RAM... should be enough.

Thanks for help!

Kay

Cheers
Kay (Principal CAD-Consultant)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Kay_Rethmeier

Can you share the DWG file for others to try? Looking at your video, your "content" may be the reason for the lag, not the program, otherwise you would have posted a circa 2007/8 line drawing showing the lag picking up lines and arcs instead of complex visual blocks.

Message 3 of 7
Kay_Rethmeier
in reply to: pendean

Hi @pendean,

today morning I was playing aroud with Autocad. Starting from scratch and everyting is fine. Using a drawing from 1999 with hunderts of blocks inside with a proxynotice will slow down everything, especially the grip-stuff...

I found out that there is unknown (*U... *X...) stuff inside but I was able to rename them to __NB... basied on this script: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/renaming-u-user-blocks/m-p/2975368#M...

I checked the drawing with purge, recover and audit and did a wblock.

I did a wblock of a part of that block-library-drawing. You will find the dwg attached. The "slow motion effect" is still noticeable! E.g. starting the move command from the ribbon or typed in takes 1 second to apply. Using the handles will cause a 2 second delay.

Thanks in advance

Kay

Cheers
Message 4 of 7

On your example file I can >>not confirm<< the behavior you complained about.

=> neither the program (AutoCAD) nor the file are responsible for these delays.

You should check your environment  (e.g. what tasks are running in the background, hardware configuration, ...)

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Kay_Rethmeier

Your heavy-dense-dots hatching in your blocks may be taxing your system, as I am not seeing any 2-second delays here on my low end WHF laptop that I am using today.

pendean_0-1628171118641.png

Start with the tips here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2011-H...

Do you have the 2022.1 update installed? It is required, I have it. Your ABOUT command will confirm you do too.

If you are using a trial version it may not be an option. So then...

Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD/LT2022: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

Also consider turning off LINESMOOTHING and LINEFADING variables as a general rule: if still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort.

Message 6 of 7
Kay_Rethmeier
in reply to: pendean

Hi @pendean, hi Jürgen,

thanks for your answer and the tips. I was following all of your ideas, but nothing works. I tested some other commands but only move and rotate will cause this delay!?!
I think I will create a case at Autodesk to ask for this. At the end I guess it is also related to the hatches. Maybe it is also related to our virus scaner... I have to check it out.

Thanks
Kay

Cheers
Message 7 of 7

Good morning,

I think today I found the solution for my problem, why only for a few commands there is a delay. After starting move or rotate I need to wait for 2 or more seconds. These commands are two commamds which actually showing this behaviour. 

Fu**ing Factory Design Utilities, especially the Snap to connector setting (_FACT_CONNECTOROFF / _FACT_CONNECTORON) caused my troubles. Switching them to off solved my delay. 

See also:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Long-d...

Factory Design is a kind of a slow motion software.... 🙄😴

Best regards,

Kay

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report