Express PDF Custom Macro

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1008 Views, 4 Replies

Express PDF Custom Macro

I have created a custom macro that writes as follows:

^C^C^C-plot;y;Layout1;DWG to PDF.pc3;ANSI full bleed B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches);i;\n;e;1=25.4;0.135499,0.218802;n;.;y;n;n;n;

This macro generates PDF documents and saves them in any folder you choose. It does a great job of creating them according to my settings. However, It is unable to write overtop of existing PDFs. I have checked to make sure the existing PDF is closed and that no other software is open that is using the PDF. AutoCAD will not let me use this macro to save over existing PDFs. This is the error dialogue it gives me:

<\\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx\Filename.pdf> is currently open in another program. Please close the file and try again.

Help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Turn off Windows Explorer's viewing pane and ensure the DWGTOPDF.PC3 file is not set to open the PDFs after creation.

FWIW: Windows OS tells AutoCAD it cannot overwrite the files: finding out why Windows thinks so is key to solving your problem.
Message 3 of 5
RockyBrown4134

Have you explored the Autopublish options. You can set it to automatically publish to a PDF in the same folder as the drawing file, or to another folder if desired.

AutoCAD has an option setting for Automatic Publishing. It allows you to publish drawing sheets to either a DWF or PDF file formats, when you save or exit an AutoCAD drawing. These options are set on the Auto-Publish dialog box, that is available by clicking the Automatic Publish Settings button on the Options dialog box, Plot and Publish tab.

I have a procedure I'll post when I get in the office, in the morning.

Hope this helps.
If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
Message 4 of 5

As promised, here is the procedure I used. Feel free to explore the other options for Autopublishing.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
Message 5 of 5
Victoria.Studley

Hi @Anonymous,

Did Dean or Rocky's suggestions help you resolve this PDF publishing issue, or do you need further assistance?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report