Did you mean: 

Export PDF command 'severe error dialog'

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
707 Views, 3 Replies

Export PDF command 'severe error dialog'

When Export PDF command is selected from the Output tab the error dialog box below appears, ok can be selected and the expected Save as PDF dialog box appears. Select save and the error box displays again, you can select ok and then pdf is created ok.

dwgtopdf error.JPG

The dialog box cannot be expanded to see the rest of the error which is frustrating.

We have just had AutoCAD 2017 installed but our previous issue of 2016 had the same problem but only on one of our workstation's, now it's on both.

This error dialog box does not display through the normal plot routine and the pdf's are created as expected.

I have copied the out of the box PC3 files for DWG To PDF variations (high quality, web use etc) to our shared 'plotters' folder and tried them all.

The error is not causing a crash, it's just annoying as it's nice to have the software performing smoothly.

Thanks in advance for any help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So what happens when you use PLOT command to generate the PDF?
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

It is good to know that the PDF is still created and that you don't see this error when plotting to PDF.

Does this problem occur with all drawings and are you placing the PDF output on a local or network share?  The error almost sounds like there is a permissions issue.

Can you attach a sample file that displays this error along with your plotter settings?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thank you for your replies, John your mention of a permissions issue got me thinking about files and where our PC3 files are located and shared network folders.

As all drawings were giving the File error dialog box, I decided to set the Printer Configuration Search Path back the default folder, this immediately solved the issue!

It appears that the network shared folder we have been pointing to for our PC3 files contained a corrupt file, there were over 40 PC3 files we have saved back to 2006, I have now cleaned up this folder to house only PC3 we are currently using.

Thanks again for the prompt replies, Regards, Lex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta