Did you mean: 

Excessive scaling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pieter_souvereyns
267 Views, 3 Replies

Excessive scaling

Dear AutoCAD users

I can't believe we are the only users who are suffering tremendously from the number of scales.
Autodesk has been releasing a tool for 15 years now to curb this phenomenon a bit.
But still as a standalone package. That is the only help that Autodesk support gives us.

So does this mean that most users are not bothered by this issue or do have a good solution?
If you have a solution, give me a hint. We have to work with external drawings as xref and suffer immensely from this issue.

Regards
Pieter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tramber
in reply to: pieter_souvereyns

In any DWG, target as source, please have a look on INSUNITS. You can set it in the UNITS dialog box 😉

The most common error I see in Europe and elsewhere is that some people forget to use the ISO format and work with the wrong MEASUREMENT setting. But it mainly brings confusion with patterns defintions (linetypes and hatches)

Message 3 of 4
cadffm

Hi,

Why the most of us don't suffering.

If you don't use the annotation feature, you haven't much problems with less or more scales.

If you don't use Xrefs,

you haven't much problems with less or more scales.

If you working with your own well designed files/Xrefs, you haven't much problems with less or more scales.

And if you have a bunch of usefull tools to handle annotation feature/scales, it is less pain to handle such files.

Sebastian

Message 4 of 4
RSomppi

@pieter_souvereyns wrote:

I can't believe we are the only users who are suffering tremendously from the number of scales.

I can't either. I'm sure not everyone that is suffering knows that list can be edited..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report