Did you mean: 

Everything in paper space is all white!

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
15931 Views, 21 Replies

Everything in paper space is all white!

I've read all the "everything in paper space is white" posts on here and other forums and still I'm having this issue. 

Everything in paper space is white and everything in the model is normal. I have unchecked "display plot styles", regenerated all, saved, closed and reopened the file and yet..... everything is STILL all white. In a few layouts, one or two pieces might be in black but the rest is white. It also prints white.

Please can someone help?

Thanks!

Mimi

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Is "Display Plot Styles" checked on in your page setup?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 22
imadHabash

i suggest to check up the pagesetup that relate to that layout . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

No. It is not.

Message 5 of 22
rkmcswain

Apologies @Anonymous - I missed that in your initial post. Can you share a stripped down version of this drawing so we can test it?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

I have an the display plot style box is unchecked and my pensets are normal.

Message 7 of 22
imadHabash

can you share with us your CAD drawing please ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

sure - here is a basic version. Thanks so much! I'm still learning.....

Message 9 of 22
imadHabash

i wish that i'm not missing the point here ... you see every thing in white in your layouts because your model items are originally in white . 

EDIT : that's what i see in your drawing directly when i open it . maybe it's a visual issue that may fixed by disabling hardware acceleration from GRAPHICSCONFIG command . 

fsfsf.PNG

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Yes, it's true, the majority of our drawings are done in white and a few greys, but they always show up as black in paperspace and print out black in paperspace.  They sudden changed to white. The title black is also always black and now it has turned white too.

Message 11 of 22
user181

If you want the lines to appear black in layout I think you need to change the layout background color to white.  OPTIONS > Display tab > Colors > Sheet / layout > Uniform background > white

bckgrdcolor.png

EESignature

Message 12 of 22
rkmcswain

Okay, if your "paper" color in paper space (layout) is WHITE, then the linework appears BLACK.

But if your "paper" color in paper space (layout) is GREY or BLACK, then the linework appears WHITE. (this is why YOUR linework is white)

Color "7" in AutoCAD always behaves like this so that it doesn't get lost on various background colors.

If you want TRUE black with no exceptions, then use truecolor 0,0,0 - but understand that on a black (or even close to black) background, you will not see that geometry.

Message 13 of 22
GrantsPirate

Use color 7 and not 255, all will be well.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Ok maybe I need to explain in more detail. Our paper space background is always light grey and in that the drawings are always black lines. Nothing has changed accept for the other day all of a sudden everything in paper space went white. Everything, including the title block. 

I don't need to change my background to white, and changing the colours to 000 does nothing at all.

See example of how it should look in paper space.

Message 15 of 22
GrantsPirate

Go into the layer manager, set layer 0 color to 7.  Simple.

GrantsPirate
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

I'm sorry but that's just not right on our system. I've figured out the issue. This is what I want to see - please see attached the floor plan in black. All the layers at set to 0 BUT the bar in the top right and in the properties left handside bar show the colour as black. The layer in the middle bar still shows as white. How do I make this happen. 

Message 17 of 22
GrantsPirate

Nothing attached.

GrantsPirate
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous

example

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous

example of wrong drawing. I need the colour of the layer on the left highlighted box and the right highlighted box to be black but the middle one to stay white.

Message 20 of 22
GrantsPirate

Your image is of properties for the layout, you need to open the layer manager and use color 7 instead of 255 for layer 0.  Layer 0 will still be set to color bylayer when changing the color in the layer manager.

GrantsPirate
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report