Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error :: Please install DirectX before installing DWG TrueView/AutoCAD 2016.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
barnsey_00
10856 Views, 11 Replies

Error :: Please install DirectX before installing DWG TrueView/AutoCAD 2016.

HI All,

I see this topic has been posted before but there are no solutions provided to them, so here is my specific issue.

My issue started when I downloaded Windows 10 and thought that one day i'll install it. HUGE MISTAKE! Long story short I had to use the "Revert to Windows 7 Professional 64bit" function built into Windows 10. This is where is all went wrong, upon rebooting from the Windows 10 revert the keyboard and mouse where "disabled" no keyboard back-light, no mouse, no one home. I tried safe mode, etc, I tried work. I thought I could do a "soft" restore that didn't work. It was just a laptop with a windows 7 login that I could only look at. Even external input devises did not work. So I had no choice other than to do a factory restore, this is where I am today. I should point out that I had Product Design Suite Ultimate (PDSU) 2015 working before Windows 10.

I now have PDSU 2016, and I get the above mentioned subject error twice during installation, once with TrueView and again with AutoCAD.

I have a HP ZBook 17 Workstation F3Z04PA, it has two display cards (I think this is what is causing the headache), one is the Intel HD Graphics 4600 and the other is NVIDIA Quadro K3100M (4 GB dedicated GDDR5), according to what I've read so far, you can tell which programs you want to use the Quadro, to what benefit i'm unsure.

I have attached the installation log, and error messages.

As previously stated, I know this issue has been raised before, I have tried the various suggested solutions, eg remove DIRECTX references from the Setup.ini files, this was unsuccessful.

Thanks in advanced.

Tim

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

have you done what the error message shows you "Install DirectX before installing AutoCAD 2016"? And did that work or fail?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12

Hi Alfred,

Yeah this is the output from the dxdiag command, showing DirectX installed.

Also here is the Error Messgae if I run the DirectX End-User Runtime (June 2010) again.

I'll add the DX logs as suggested in the message.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 12

Hi,

I'm sure that it is installed, the question is, if it's the version needed.

I would uninstall it and use the DirectX-installer which is part within the AutoCAD installation media.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 12

Hi Alfred,

I wasn't aware you could uninstall DirectX as it is intergrated into the OS, no?

Any suggestions on how to uninstall it, I see the web says the go into the Registry, edit some keys, and  trick it.

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

you are right, it might be tricky to uninstall it, so use your graphic card driver to run it's updates and then start the DirectX installer from the AutoCAD installer media, either it tells you it's up-to-date or it runs it's installation.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 12

Hi Alfred,

I have run the update on both the Intel and Quadro cards, then ran the standalone DirectX install and still got stuck, although it did seem to get further down the install this time, but ultimately failed. See logs.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Tim

PS - In the 10 years ive been using Autodesk products, i've never had an issue like this. Frustrating...

Message 8 of 12

Hi,

What I see in your log:

Unable to iterate through H:\3rdParty\DirectX\Jun2007_d3dx10_34_x64.cab. The file may be damaged.

So eihter the download failed or it was blocked (antivirus or proxy).

What I'm wondering is that DirectX9 should be installed, does that happen when you start this from the AutoCAD installation media?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 12

Hi Alfred,

Yes the installation is directly off the Autodesk PSDU USB stick, so I assumed it would be good to go. I have also downloaded the equivilant from MS with the same results. I'm about to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security and will post the results shortly.

Tim

Message 10 of 12

Hi Alfred,

SOLVED!!!!

I uninstalled Kaspersky, and ran the install from the USB, it finished the install without error. I wanted to check and confirm that this was in fact the cause, as a result of all the deadends and mucking about the past week, I thought it would be best to complete the HP factory restore again, so with done and nothing else installed I tried the PDSU2016 installation process and it worked.

I can confirm that the AntiVirus, Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) is the culprit, that caused the DirectX install issues.

I have now installed KIS and updated it, and have checked the PDSU still works.

Thank you again for your help and persistance Alfred.

Tim

Message 11 of 12

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, good to know you got it working!

At least, one case more which shows "disable antivirus" as a necessary step before starting the installation. I guess it would not be necessary to uninstall it, turning it off during installation should be ok (let's know if not).

Happy working now! - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I had to unjoin from my company Domain and set it to Workgroup.

And the installation worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report