Did you mean: 

error 18003 when performing union on 2 3d objects

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jacketspice
3051 Views, 4 Replies

error 18003 when performing union on 2 3d objects

the 2 3d objects are in position to be unioned inside of each other and I confirmed neither of them were block references yet they still flash error code 18003 (using acad 2022)

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: jacketspice

@jacketspice ,

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 5
jacketspice
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

thank you so much for your help mind explaining what you did?

Message 4 of 5
Valentin-WSP

@jacketspice ,

Adjust your UCS and FLATTEN the outer-boundary of your inner solid. Then EXTRUDE it thru the main solid and  SUBTRACT.  You want three solid pieces: your top, middle, and bottom, then UNION.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 5
CharlesGoin

Same error here.. 

What I have found works some times. Is make sure you are in the World UCS.. and then cut a THIN slice out of the objects your trying to work with.. then try again. 

This often works.. and if you don't have "excess.." to trim.. sometimes cutting a piece doing a union to "extend" the piece and then slicing that piece back off does the trick. I think its sometimes a UCS issue in the model where it thinks X and y and z is x or somethign like that. 

The slice to repair I think fixes that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report