Embedded Image Disappears

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3402 Views, 8 Replies

Embedded Image Disappears

Hi,

I embedded a company logo image in a titleblock so I wouldn't have to deal with x-refs. When I open Block Editor the logo is there, but after I close Block Editor it's gone again. Regen/Regenall does not work. I removed the frame from the image because I didn't want a box around it. Would it have something to do with that? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Beka_Tchigladze
in reply to: Anonymous

So as it is just logo image and you need it permanently, you can import image as OLE object and try after that. 

instruction:

Open image in windows paint, by using right click on image on windows desktop and choose "edit" from contextual menu select by Ctrl+A and copy by using Ctrl+C, after that open autocad, click on paste spacial from Home=>Clipboard=>Paste Special  and import as paintbrush image. if you don't like frame, use OLEFRAME system variable and set it on "0". image will remain in the drawing when you will send to someone also.

Beka Tchigladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Helios 18, Intel Core i9 14900HX, 32 GB
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Beka_Tchigladze

I went to delete the embedded image in the Block Editor and follow your instructions, but AutoCAD isn't recognizing the logo as an object, so I can't select it to delete it. How can I remove it?

Message 4 of 9
s.borello

Post your file here... let us have a look.

Message 5 of 9
Beka_Tchigladze

turn the "OLEFRAME" into "2" again and you can delete after

please attach file in this case

Beka Tchigladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2025
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Helios 18, Intel Core i9 14900HX, 32 GB
NVIDIA RTX 4080, 12 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Beka_Tchigladze

Here is the file. The logo is represented by a green box here.

Message 7 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you know that you have a dynamic block with visibility states, but only in state "VisibilityState0" you have assigned that image to be shown?

If you want to see your logo in all visibility states you need to assign the logo to them.

20190424_094104.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Oh wow, what a silly problem. Thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes looking at a problem for a while, one assumes the issue must be complicated. It's great to get another set of eyes on it. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
davidpESBM5

I was having the same issues with images. I tried everything then I stumbled onto a blog that metioned file size of the original image.  I opened the image and reduced teh file size to the second smalled possible file.  Repasted the image from Paint (pastespecial). My resolution went down some, but the images stayed embeded from that point on. I hade about 8-12 images per page.  The CAD file was still large but not as astronomical as the original file. I am assuming the large files overwheal CAD in some way.  I am surte some CAD persoon coule explian that part better.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report