Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edittablecell automatically appear when changing anything on table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jung_kim
539 Views, 4 Replies

edittablecell automatically appear when changing anything on table

I went from AutoCAD 2015 to 2019 recently.

I use Sheet Set Manager to create the list of drawings.

After the create and place the list of drawings on a paper space, whenever I try to change anything on the table (for example, assign Header cell style to a subset. or press "download from source" button) EDITTABLECELL command activates at the bottom. I have to press Q for quit every single time I change anything to the table.

Is there way to disable EDITTABLECELL command from appearing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: jung_kim

Hello @jung_kim

You are not typing the EDITTABLECELL command to edit the cell? Try not to use the command, instead click a cell wall then choose the cell.

If you are not using the command, please share your file with us so we can take a look. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 5
jung_kim
in reply to: natasha.l

I am not using the Edittablecell command.

Problem with choosing the wall is that it selects the whole table.

Sometimes I need to choose  a cell and change the cell style from "By Row/Column" to "Header"

Edittablecell command automatically triggers when i make a change to a cell.

Which forces me to press q for quit before selecting another cell to make changes to that.

I know it seems like a very small thing. "oh no you have to press q after making a change to a cell" but if I have to make changes to many cells, it starts to get annoying.

Message 4 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @jung_kim

It's sounds like some strange behavior to me, you should be able to create a table & select a single cell without the edittablecell command popping up. Try testing this on a brand new file if you'd like.

If you discover that its isolated only to this file & table, then you found the root cause. We have had other customers report strange issues like this & it requires Cleaning Up the AutoCAD Drawing. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 5
normeo.2016

@jung_kim Google translation added by community manager @lena.talkhina :

The same problem appeared on ACE 2021 after installing Raster Design. Incredibly‌ annoying

The original message in Russian:

Такая же проблема появилась на ACE 2021 после установки Raster Design. Бесит невероятно😡

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report