Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Mtext with grips issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kzD1219
674 Views, 7 Replies

Editing Mtext with grips issue

So I have been noticing in the last few weeks that acad is editing mtext is different for some reason.  Instead of double clicking on the mtext to bring the editor up, all I have to do is click once or instead which makes it super hard to grip a piece of mtext and then type in a command to say copy or move the mtext.  It usually edits the text with the command in the mtext.  It is so bizzare.  Is there a setting that changed my options to single click instead of double click to edit mtext because if there is, I need to change it back because this single click is eating up a lot of my time.  It is with mtext and text (but I don't use that much) and after a while with that piece of text it goes back to normal and I have to double-click it to edit it.  Any ideas are appreciated!  Took me awhile to realize what was happening.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadologist
in reply to: kzD1219

Check the settings on the PICKFIRST variable. This might be the issue...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/AutoC...

Also check the following link:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Double...

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
imadHabash

Hi,

i suggest to check  DBLCLKEDIT system variable . >> Click << 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
kzD1219
in reply to: imadHabash

I have checked all of the settings and variables suggested and all seem fine and haven't changed in years.  By gripping text it will open up the editor maybe 3 times, then the fourth time I will have to double click it and it will be fine after that.  Something is up, but no idea what I can search for to find what the issue is.  So strange.  Grips don't seem to be user friendly right this second and after years of using them, it is just weird when they don't work.

Message 5 of 8
Kent1Cooper

Could it be that you simply have a mouse with a faulty pick button, that is registering two clicks sometimes when you pick once?  Try a different mouse, and see whether you continue to have the problem.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 8
kzD1219
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I will give the mouse a try because it doesn't happen to everything.  But I know my system variables and settings haven't been changed.  It seemed to calm down a bit later this afternoon, but for awhile there everything I was clicking was automatically going to the edit menu.  Could it be a weird network issue?  I don't even know.  I tested it by making mtext and then copying that mtext multiple times.  There were 2 or 3 of the texts (out of 10) that would go right into the editor with once it was gripped, the others were normal and would have to be double clicked twice to edit.  It might put me in the looney bin.

Message 7 of 8
kzD1219

It is something definitely wrong with the grip settings somewhere.  I am also noticing when I grip a block only once, it takes me right to the edit block definition dialog box, so if I grip a dynamic block it takes me right to that instead of allowing me to use the dynamic block.

Message 8 of 8
kzD1219

I did a quick little demo of what is happening in power point.  I typed in a piece of text and copied it a bunch of times, then used grip.  Some take me right to the edit box and some I need to double click.  So strange.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta