ECW file format not supported.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1511 Views, 2 Replies

ECW file format not supported.

Hello everyone

I'm using AutoCad 2011 and I'm trying to attach an 6 gb ECW file.  The file is already scaled and set on the good coordinates in AutoCad , but I just need to re-path because the path is different.

When I go to the file and try to re-path with External Refferences it's not showing it as image, if I choose all files then the file it shows and when I try to open it it says that the format is not supported.

I can't find anywhere on forum an issue like mine.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alex101000
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps, you need install Raster Design 2011 Object Enabler to view ECW

--
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.
Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> When I go to the file and try to re-path with External Refferences

>> it's not showing it as image

2011 is long ago, maybe my remembering is not correct, but changing the path using command _XREF, selecting the image and then in the lower part of the XRef dialog you can show the new path ... should be possible.

If that does not work you might save your dwg-file as DXF, then open this DXF in a good ascii-editor (like notpad++), search for the old path and replace it by the new path. Then open this DXF with AutoCAD and save it as DWG again.

- alfred -

@alex101000 ... as the image seems to be displayed well previously I guess no ObjectEnabler is needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report