Did you mean: 

EATTEDIT not showing correct attribute layer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BetaCADsrl
393 Views, 3 Replies

EATTEDIT not showing correct attribute layer

Hello,

I've noticed that if you have a block with attributes which are located in the layer "0" and then you insert that block in a drawing where there is a layer whose name starts with "0", for example "00-Test", if you use the EATTEDIT command on that block and look at the properties of the attributes, it will show the wrong layer. Instead of the layer 0 there will be the layer "00-Test".

We verified that the attribute is still in the correct layer because we set the "00-Test" layer as not printable but it was still printed and if you freeze the layer you will still see the attributes.

Nevertheless there was an instance where the layer was actually changed to the "00-Name" layer and since it was set as not printable we didn't see a lot of stuff on our printed drawing and then had to ATTSYNC all the blocks with this problem. I think that this might have been caused by the EATTEDIT problem described above.

I tried this in a 2018 version and the problem was there aswell.

Looking forward to a solution.

Thank you for reading,

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: BetaCADsrl

Hello @BetaCADsrl

When I open your file it produces the TrustedDWG message, this is likely the issue. It is a key function of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT that analyzes DWG files as they are being opened. The function checks to see if the DWG file was last saved with an Autodesk product or by a software developer who is licensed to use the RealDWG toolkit. If the file does not pass the TrustedDWG analysis, it will inform you in various ways that the DWG file may not be compatible, nor guarantee its integrity when used with AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I can reproduce that issue too, I have no idea what is causing that (also testing with AutoCAD 2020).

Another proof is that the 00-zip layer can be purged, so AutoCAD knows that nothing is placed on that layer.

However, looking with LISP to this attribute it shows the correct layer "0":

(entget (car (nentsel)))

So it's an issue of the _EATTEDIT dialog, the rest like plot, color, ... will all work well, so I guess you don't have to worry about that too much (except you use _EATTEDIT to change attributes layers, which I would not do by default)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
BetaCADsrl
in reply to: natasha.l

Dear Natasha,

the message says "This file is a TrustedDWG last saved by an Autodesk application", in other words I created the DWG using AutoCAD 2020. Moreover you can clearly see that the drawing simply contains a block with a couple lines and an attribute. You can very easily reproduce the problem in a couple of seconds and confirm that there is a problem with the _EATTEDIT dialog box.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report