Did you mean: 

Dynamic Imput not showing for polylines with elevation > 0

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1565 Views, 14 Replies

Dynamic Imput not showing for polylines with elevation > 0

Hello there, I noticed something here, and I don't know if there is a setting to change it.

When I'm drawing a polyline, the dynamic imput will show the distance and angle of the line, as soon as I click in the first point of the line. 

Now, if I'm drawing a polyline that has an Elevation value, it won't show up... I don't see why wouldn't it show up. I know that, a polyline that has different elevations at each node, will have a higher total lenght than a polyline with the same shape, but with the same elevation from tip to end... but still, that just adds another layer of calculus, considering the hypothenuse as the actual lenght of the segment. As for the horizontal angle, nothing would change mathematically, for the system to show that data.

So, why isn't it shown? 

dy0.PNGdyele.PNGdy1.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Not an option.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Why? As I said, I don't see a reason why isn't it an option... the math isn't that hard to show that data.

Message 4 of 15
S.Faris

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

It's already set at 3. As I said, it works perfectly for lines and polylines with no elevation data. It just stops showing if the objects have Elevation > 0. I work with land surveying, and most of my drawings have Z (elevation) values.

I can live without this feature, but it would make it all much faster if I could use it on both kinds of lines. Now if it isnt't really possible to make it work properly, at least I'd like to know why the program doesn't support that.

Message 6 of 15
S.Faris

Nope, it was my mistake. I had it set in options to replace Z elevation with current elevation.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 7 of 15
S.Faris

But if you set the value of ELEVATION in your drawing to 500, it'll show Dynamic input only for lines with elevation 500. I hope that was clear enough.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 8 of 15
user181

Hi @Anonymous   Try setting DYNPIVIS  to 1 or 2

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. DI only shows up if you pick a point on an objct with the same Elevation value of the drawing. I wonder why it is this way, and why can't we have it being shown for different elevation objects too.

About DYNPIVIS, that variable changes the COORDINATE input. I want distance and angle. 

Message 10 of 15
user181

After changing DYNPIVIS to 1  change the DYNPIFORMAT to 0

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

Nope, nothing has changed. 

Message 12 of 15
user181

Here is what I see with DYNIPFORMAT at 0

dynipformat0.png

and this is what I get with DYNIPFORMAT at 1

dynipformat1.png

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

What is the general elevation of your drawing and the elevation of the line?

@user181 wrote:

Here is what I see with DYNIPFORMAT at 0

dynipformat0.png

and this is what I get with DYNIPFORMAT at 1

dynipformat1.png

Message 14 of 15
user181

The elevation of the line is 500 and if I change the value of elevation variable or the line elevation to any number I still get the results I've shown.  What are the values of your DYNPIVIS and DYNPIFORMAT and what are you seeing? 

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Ok, let's do it:

DYNPIVIS  dinpivis.PNG

DYNPIFORMAT 

dynpiformat.PNG

Drawing from a line with the SAME elevation as the General Elevation of the drawing (in this case 0)

sameelevation.PNG

Now I changed the elevation of the line to a random number, 345 i guess, and tried again, and that's the result:

diffelevation.PNG

Now, I changed DYNPIVIS to 1 and.. BOOM!

itworked!.PNG

Here I have, the general elevation of the drawing at 0, and the line has an elevarion of 345, it still shows the distance/direction! I tested it conecting 2 lines with different elevations, AND with the drawing at the standard 0 elevation, and it works!

Thanks mate! That'll help a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report