DWG to gerber + Gerber to DWG converter

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
33786 Views, 10 Replies

DWG to gerber + Gerber to DWG converter

hello

I use AutoCAD on a regular basis to design screens and stencils for our customers and for internal use.

Our screen supplier however needs gerber files to create our screens and our customer often sends us gerber files which need to be adjusted in AutoCAD.

My question now is if someone could suggest me a software which can convert gerber to DWG and a DWG to a gerber file. It doesn't have to be free.

I also checked older posts but these were from 2002 so.

Best regards Michaël 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cadwomen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hy

my you take a look there

https://www.reaconverter.com/convert/gbr_to_dwg.html

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 3 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

A quick Internet search will reveal numerous programs that will convert GBR Gerber files to a variety of formats. Most will write to a DXF which should work in AutoCAD quite nicely.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 11
Kany777
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

Is there any free software which does so? 

I realize that the reaconvertor needs to be purchased in order to convert files to DXF/DWG.

For converting just one file, I don't think that this is worth spending money. 

Message 6 of 11
john.vellek
in reply to: Kany777

HI @Kany777,

From a bit of searching on the Internet it appears there are a few frees ones out there.  I notice too that Autodesk Eagle can import gerber files and then you could export to DXF I believe.  You could go grab a trial and see if it works for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 11
Kany777
in reply to: john.vellek

Yes, I found a few. Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Kany777

Aside from a few timed trial / demo programs there are no free DWG to Gerber / Gerber to DWG programs that I have found.

EverythingPCB.com has a nice list for Gerber viewer & editor and conversion / translation programs. Many of them offer free trails.

See this link:

http://www.everythingpcb.com/p17596.htm

Message 9 of 11
axeldaniel.pat

Hi,

I find a guy online who is capable of converting any file format to gerber within short time of interval.

i sent him dxf and received gerber274x with 100% accuracy. you may contact him by this link.  http://rapidcircuit.in/

Message 10 of 11
Kany777
in reply to: axeldaniel.pat

Wow, Thank you for sending the link.

Regards,
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Michael, 

I came across some questions on the AutoDesk Forum and I believe our product will be very useful and helpful.

Numerical Innovations Inc. has EasyGerb. 

EasyGerb is the Gerber Export for AutoCAD Users.

Many of our customers, have written and made us aware of the dilemma they face converting their AutoCAD files to Gerber.  

With EasyGerb it's by far the easiest-to-use Gerber conversion solution for any AutoCAD user. 

We offer a free trail and subscriptions start at $74.99 per month.

You can reach me at miranda.yip@numericalinnovations.com at anytime. 

BR,

Miranda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta