DWG Scaling

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
377 Views, 4 Replies

DWG Scaling

dear friends,

i was conveted a pdf to drawing, that drawing dimension is fully changed such as the drawing shows in inch, i need in meter. how do i change the drawing scale to meter from inch. please help me....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

dear friends,

i was conveted a pdf to drawing, that drawing dimension is fully changed such as the drawing shows in inch, i need in meter. how do i change the drawing scale to meter from inch. please help me....

-DWGUNITS

Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

HI seedvinoth,

@Anonymous's answer of DWGUNITS is the correct way to change units. You will notice that you might have to scale the entities of your drawing larger or smaller depending on what unit was set when they were created.

2.54 CM = 1 IN

.394 IN = 1 CM

I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hello seedvinoth,

I am checking back to see if my post and the post from @Anonymous helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
scot-65

One method to convert a drawing between units of measurement:

First of all, are you retaining the current scale of the drawing and will only update the dimensions?

If the answer is YES, then changing the dimension properties to the desired units may be all

that you will need to do. The only catch is the text size and dimscale. You will have to determine

these on your own.

Table headers and the first data row are "From". The second and third data rows are "To".

DimensionConversionSettings01.jpg

Our office creates document sets in Imperial (Architectural). For a few clients that requested in Metric, we

use the table above to create a new dimension style. Set this new style current and then use the command

DIMSTYLE "Apply" to update the existing dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report