Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Launcher broken - missing Reg Keys?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GilesPhillips
349 Views, 4 Replies

DWG Launcher broken - missing Reg Keys?

After a frustrating week with other problems, today I did a clean reinstall of Autocad (2023).  Due to the age and specification of my workstation, I opted to install it on my second, larger disc: D:\Program files\Autodesk\Autocad 2023\

Now I'm having issues with file associations.  If I associate dwg files with the preferred option, AcLauncher.exe then nothing happens. Associating with acad.exe will start a new  instance of autocad for every file opened from windows - not ideal.

Something tells me that AcLauncher.exe is not working properly, however there's little in the way of knobs and levers to allow me to see what it thinks it's doing.

When I look at the registry, and comare it with the image in this blog post , there's a bunch of keys missing. I only have:

(default)

DefaultResourceLCID

Resource

ResouceRootDir

It looks to me like AcLauncher.exe has failed to find autocad on my sytem.  Any suggestions on how I can fix it?  I have tried creating the missing reg keys, however that appears to have made no difference.  Is there anything else I can try?

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@GilesPhillips ,

Take a look at this post:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 5

yep, read that.  Links don't work regarding the "how-to-modify-the-autocad-dwg-launcher-to-work-the-correct-software" tip.

I modified the registry to point to the correct installed location (there were entries missing previously). It still does nothing.

Changing the association to another application (I used irfanview) works in that windows launches the applicaiton and loads the file, so this is a definite problem with the way that the dwg launcher works.

GilesPhillips_0-1691663507479.png

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
Message 4 of 5

@GilesPhillips ,

Maybe this link or the others may help:

Other:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: GilesPhillips

How to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-my-sup...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report