Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG File was converted to a DSD and I can no longer open the file in AutoCad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1621 Views, 1 Reply

DWG File was converted to a DSD and I can no longer open the file in AutoCad

I have been working on a school project for 2 weeks now. I went on reading week, came back and my file was somehow converted to a DSD file. I can not open the file in AutoCad. I've tried almost everything. My DWG file is no longer on my computer, i can't seem to find it. Its not in my history, not in my recycle bin. 

I can't continue my school project because of this, if anyone knows how i could possibly fix this, that'd be lovely. My instructors have not had this issue before and can't help me.

I've read forums on this and i have tried some of the solutions and they did not work. Note, i'm not very tech savvy. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

A dsd file is usually just the file that saves your list of sheets to publish. Do you recall publishing (as opposed to plotting) your drawings? You may have not paid attention when it asked if you wanted to make a dsd file, and simply clicked on OK. That's a separate file from your DWG file.

You don't have a DWG copy backed up (even from an earlier stage) on your laptop, home PC, and email attachment or thumb drive? Losing part of your work is better than losing all of it.

Possible options include starting from scratch or converting any PDF output from that published set back into DWG.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report