dwg. file is not valid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2362 Views, 4 Replies

dwg. file is not valid

can someone help me..
my PC was log then and it was repair by our IT he said it causes virus and ransomware thats the reason..he fix it and back up the file in my had disc or drive 😧 

now the problem is i cant open my dwg. file all of it, when i start to open it in autoCAD it say "dwg. file is not valid"

and also all of my dwg. was change and has file name extension "dwg.kvag" what i did was change and delete the  extension "kvag" so the dwg. icon appear but still cant open the file.Untitled.jpg1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> it was repair by our IT he said it causes virus and ransomware

>> thats the reason.

Sorry, a workstation having a ransomware running on it should not be "repaired" ... you need to reformat all drives with low-level-format and then start a new setup (best would be to update the firmware/bios too before starting installation).

When you can't open a dwg-file then you might try to

• start AutoCAD
  • create a new drawing
  • type in command _RECOVERALL<ENTER> and select the defect dwg-file

If that works, then OK, if not I guess the file is already encrypted and close to no chance to get this repaired.

Take your backups and restore the version that is working and not already encrypted. But take care to only restore data-files and no executables ... to make sure you don't reimport the ransomware!

Global TIP: test your backups for defect files, so you can mark the backup's that may have the ransomware on it too! Just to prevent you from restoring data from these sets without thinking about the issue in the future.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
C.Reid.Oran

That does looks like a ransomware attack, unfortunately the files you are seeing are the encrypted files affected by the attack. Go back to your IT people and ensure that all traces of this attack are properly removed. after that try to get the last backup files before the attack happened. I am assuming when you say your 'IT' that you work directly with these people and trust them and they are not some random outside company that just contacted you?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: C.Reid.Oran

they are my co workers.. IT of our company sir

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

can someone help me..
my PC was log then and it was repair by our IT he said it causes virus and ransomware thats the reason..he fix it and back up the file in my had disc or drive 😧 

now the problem is i cant open my dwg. file all of it, when i start to open it in autoCAD it say "dwg. file is not valid"

and also all of my dwg. was change and has file name extension "dwg.kvag" what i did was change and delete the  extension "kvag" so the dwg. icon appear but still cant open the file.

Try removing the .dwg or renaming it to another with the .dwg and see if it will open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report