Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG displays differently at home vs at office?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
439 Views, 5 Replies

DWG displays differently at home vs at office?

Hey everyone, I have a VPN set up through my work that lets me access all my DWG files from home, so all XREFs are included. That being said, when I'm at work, my drawings display and PDF correctly... 

But when I'm at home, the text opens up incorrectly. According to the prperties of the text opject, everything is the same, including Font Style and Height.

Any ideas or suggestions?

EDIT1: Attached is a PDF showing the difference between the two, for an idea of what's going on.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention that I'm using AutoCAD 2017

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the drawing, press [F2]
There is a message of change Text-Font

One Font is missing..
My idea to the attachment.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 6
gotphish001

My guess is the font too. If you don't have the font on your home computer it will still say it's that font in the properties even if it doesn't have that font, in my understanding. Try adding that font like you were adding a new font to your home work station.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 4 of 6
Patchy

Use ETRANSMIT and then install the fonts

Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Depending on the type, speed, and settings of your VPN you might want to try turning off Hardware Acceleration to see if that helps with the display issues.

Next, check your Fontalt to see which font is being used when the one in your text style is not available or damaged.

In Style, select the style being used and look to the right to see which font has been assigned. If there is a yellow warning sign it indicates that the font is not available.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you everyone, my office was using Arial Unicode MS font, which usually ships with Microsoft Office. Issue is, Microsoft removed it from their Office 2016 bundle, which is what I use, and therefore did not have the font, while my office uses 2013, and did have it.

Font has been installed, and issue has been fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report