Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual graphics card problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
835 Views, 3 Replies

Dual graphics card problem

Hey guys!

As the title says, AutoCAD is using the wrong graphics card and I don't really know how to fix it. I was wondering why it was a bit laggy while I was in it, only to find out that it's been running on my Intel graph card all along. (I have AMD Radeon R9 M265x series) I searched on google and I found this : Click , but I don't really know how to do it (when I saw that I had to enter bios I got scared) or if it even works.

Thank you and wish you a good day!

LE: I tried to use the amd switchable graphics panel and I saw that it's already running in High performance. I don't know what's happening then.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The article you linked is the correct one for your issue. Don't be afraid of looking in BIOS. You might not be able to disable the one card but all changes made in BIOS will require you to intentionally save them before you exit so you can make the decision then.

Give it another try and let me know your status.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I'm really sorry for the late reply, but I've been away. Thankfully, I didn't need to enter Bios to fix it. I just installed the latest hotfix and it all worked out in the end. Now it's so smooth, no more delay haha

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report