Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing 1 Tab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
489 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing 1 Tab

When I start AutoCAD it opens up to the drawing1 tab like I want.  However, when I open a new drawing it replaces the drawing1 tab instead of opening a new tab.  How do I get AutoCAD to open the new drawing in a new tab?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Does this happened in one CAD session? i'm afraid that AutoCAD launched in every new opening drawing.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

This happens only when I open the initial drawing. I would like to always keep the drawing1 tab.

Thank you,
Loy Smitherman
Memphis Millwork
a div. of Memphis Masterworks, LLC
1049 Galloway Ave.
Memphis, TN 38105
901.528.0110 x.208
Fax 901.528.0114
Cell 901.268.9593
Email lsmitherman@memphismillwork.com
Message 4 of 5
imadHabash

If do you want to have always the Start dwg tab then mak your startmode to 1. then restart your autocad.

Command: STARTMODE
Enter new value for STARTMODE <1>:  

is this what you asking for?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
mpeperkamp

Hi @Anonymous,

I do not know whether the next problem you can solve, but it is worth trying.

Issue:When double-clicking a DWG file in Windows Explorer (or when opening it from within AutoCAD), each drawing launches its own instance of AutoCAD.
Causes:
  • The SDI system variable is set to 1
  • DWG files are not associated in Windows with the "AutoCAD DWG Launcher" application but are instead associated with an AutoCAD acad.exe file.
Solution:The SDI (Single Document Interface) system variable regulates whether or not multiple drawings can be opened in a single interface. At the command line, type SDI and confirm that it is set to 0.

If SDI is already set to 0, try re-associating . DWG files with the AutoCAD DWG Launcher as per the instructions in DWG file type associativity in Windows.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Best regards,
Michiel Peperkamp
Cadac Group AEC
Cadac Group
Platinum Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report