Did you mean: 

Dot hatch pattern not displaying properly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2325 Views, 8 Replies

Dot hatch pattern not displaying properly

Hello,

I'm out of ideas here. I think I've tried everything and I can't solve this. DOTS hatch pattern plots different way in different places and also in different times. I can't pinpoint the issue. It should have been consistent, but in some areas it is really thick dots, , or just thicker than others. So far I've seen about 4 different thicknesses of DOTS in the same drawing, same view window.

I tried playing with HPDRAWORDER variable and HATCHTOBACK command, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

I'm using AtoCAD 2016 64 bit on Windows 10 system.

I tried publishing with DWG to PDF, Adobe PDF, AutoCAD PDF, but I'm not getting any consistent results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the attached picture you can see 4 different scales of dots in the same window.

hatch capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I need to correct this, it is not DOTS, but SAND hatch pattern. Sorry about that.

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Are they the same exact hatch pattern?
Are they all assigned the same line weight? and how do you all do that exactly?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, they are the same hatch pattern, same scale and same line weight. With each publish command, they might come out different.

One thing I noticed, when I use Bluebeam to publish, hatches are fixed, but then pages that plot with Transparency turned on for plotting, those look pixelated. When I use DWG to PDF or AutoCAD PDF, hatches look like that.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

I cannot replicate here: can you share a snippet of your DWG file with the problem intact?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sure, here it is attached. Thank you for looking into it.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

See attached, one from model and one from paperspace, using the built-in PDF driver and monochrome ctb (you id not share your ctb). I see no variations.

Am I missing some other setting?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I think the issue is not with cad, but with the pdf printer. I am asssuming everything shows up properly in modelspace, correct?

Try adjusting your printer preferences and PDF settings to print in a higher quality (more DPI's)

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Yes modelspace looks fine, even print preview looks ok, but the resulting PDF is messed up with Sand and Dot hatch. I've tried many things, problem still there. When I plot with PDF creator I don't have this issue. But AutoCAD PDF or DWG to PDF both have the same issue. Higher DPI doesn't help, I'm plotting with the highest setting (best quality).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report