Did you mean: 

Disappearing commands in command line after ending autocad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
432 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing commands in command line after ending autocad

Hey guys,

I just started using Autodesk AutoCAD 2022. I noticed something .. whenever I do drawings, the commands used and maybe limits band units set would be in the command line below right? But after saving the drawing and ending autocad, it seems those commands and units for the drawings disappear as even when I open the drawing again and click on the command line to find those dimensions and commands, they are nowhere to be found . Can this be remedied?

***POST TITLE EDITED FOR CLARITY***

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... after saving the drawing and ending autocad, it seems those commands ... disappear as even when I open the drawing again and click on the command line to find those dimensions and commands, they are nowhere to be found . Can this be remedied?

So you don't really mean after saving as in the Topic heading, but after closing the drawing.  No, you can't get at the command history again after that.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

So even after I save the drawing normally, I can’t get the commands again?

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

If you only SAVE [not SAVEAS], but do not CLOSE, can you not see the command history?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
pendean

@Anonymous you wrote:
"...But after saving the drawing and ending autocad..."

Ending AutoCAD flushes away the commandline history. But you can save the commandline history as a text file outside of the program for review using BEFORE you ever start
LOGFILENAME
LOGFILEON
LOGFILEPATH

Look up those three commands in HELP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators