Did you mean: 

Dimension snaps

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lee_plunkett
416 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension snaps

Hi All, 

I have started using AutoCAD 2024 and since using this version I find when I'm adding dimensions to my paper space it seems to pick up every snap point around and freeze for 10/15 seconds. Never done this before and I tried just leaving on a couple of snap point like end point and centre point but it still happens all the time and takes a life time to do a big design. 

its like when you use press pull command and it looks for every available shape before hand. 

Any help is much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: Lee_plunkett

@Lee_plunkett 

Hello & welcome!  Can you please share some system specs?  Actually I'm hoping one of or experts knows a quick sysvar that you can toggle to address this.  🙂

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
pendean

Have you installed the 2024.1.4 Update yet? ABOUT command in your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD2024.

Then...

pendean_0-1717592281733.png

Message 4 of 4
CGBenner

@Lee_plunkett Hello, do you still need help with this question?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report