Dimension line originating from wrong face

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ljc_cjl
263 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension line originating from wrong face

Hi,

As a preface, I am still very much a beginner, my only real CAD experience so far is in making 2D designs for the plasma CNC at work.

I am attempting my first foray into dimensioning from a model instead of just making all the faces in 2D and dimensioning separately as on a sketchpad, I am trying to to add dimensions for holes to be drilled in a box, however I am finding that my dimension lines are going "out" along my y axis instead of "up" the z axis to be actually able to view them when looking at the relevant model face,

I've attached a screenshot showing a red dot in the circle id like to be dimensioning to the top right corner of the model, with the dimension line instead originating from the bottom right corner of the model,  as well as the dwg, please ignore the size of the dimension text and the fact I'm doing them in the model instead of paper space as viewports/paper is space in general is proving even more of a headache at my current level with this model.

Any ideas or settings to correct to be able to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: ljc_cjl

Use command UCS, click on the corner of the model to align with the face then use dimensions.

UCS.JPG

Message 3 of 4
ljc_cjl
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you!
So my issue was that the dimension lines run along x/y, where with the current setup of my UCS I was trying to have it display in line with z?

Will have a go when I am home this evening, thank you so much for the assistance.
Message 4 of 4
ljc_cjl
in reply to: ljc_cjl

Thank you for your solution, have performed it myself

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report