Did you mean: 

Dim lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mpary
293 Views, 4 Replies

Dim lines

Hi, 

How do I make the one on the left look like the one on the right? With the dim line still visible between the lines of text. Matching properties created a huge wipeout "stripe" in the drawing. 

Thanks. 

(not) Fun with Dims.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: mpary

With the "Text position vertical" set to "Above," get into editing the text content, back it up to one line with the measured value followed immediately by what you want under the dimension line:

Kent1Cooper_0-1650998239891.png

and type into that spot between the two:

\X

[it must be a capital X].

Click out in open space to complete:

Kent1Cooper_0-1650998956409.png

It requires the text-above setting, not the text-centered-vertically setting, which even with the \X coding gives you a gap in the dimension line.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
whitney_jeff
in reply to: mpary

It looks to me as if your dim on the right has the "text above" enabled, and then the dim text was edited to add the second line of text

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: whitney_jeff

@whitney_jeff wrote:

... your dim on the right has the "text above" enabled, and then the dim text was edited to add the second line of text

If that's all you do [edit the text content and hit Enter to get a second line], this is what you get:

Kent1Cooper_0-1650998765419.png

That has a \P in the stored text string for the Enter.  The \X approach in my previous answer is what gives you the straddling-the-line form instead.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
whitney_jeff
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks Kent, for clearing that up

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report