Did you mean: 

Default block file location search

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
miriam_ortega
2478 Views, 6 Replies

Default block file location search

We have all our standard blocks in one location on our network, every time I want to insert a new block I'm required to search for the block through a file path. Is there a way to set it up so by default it always starts the search at the location where the cad blocks are located? because it is very annoying to have to do same search over and over again with every block inserted 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: miriam_ortega

Use the DesignCenter-Favorites

or create your own ToolPalettes.

The INSERT command, the old and the new Block Palette (2020) should remember the last selection.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
SeeMSixty7

If you know the block name, you can simply type it in and AutoCAD will find it, if it is on the ACADPATH.

Clicking Browse in the Insert Dialog will typically bring you back to the last place you inserted a block from.

If those don't work out for you, you could utilize a little AutoLISP to set things up for you.

copy and paste this to a text editor (notepad) and then change the folder path to your preferred location then drag and drop the file into AutoCAD or paste onto the command line. Then run the MYINSERT command.

(defun c:MYINSERT()
	(setq blkname (getfiled "Select Block" "c:\MyBlockFolder" "dwg" 0))
	(if blkname
		(command "Insert" blkname)
	)
)

If you do use this method and plan to use it often you will need to add it either to load automatically via ACADDOC.LSP or vie the appload startup.

Goods luck,

Message 4 of 7
miriam_ortega
in reply to: cadffm

I'm using the insert command and it is not remembering my last search location, and that's what I want it to do. I just upgraded to 2020 and this feature has changed 

Message 5 of 7
miriam_ortega

None of the other CAD stations have this issue, only mine and I have tried lots of different things to figure out why it wont go back to last searched location and I just cant get my head around it  

Message 6 of 7
cadffm

@miriam_ortega  schrieb:

None of the other CAD stations have this issue,

Late, but still useful.

Your REMEMBERFOLDERS is set to on (1)?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
miriam_ortega

Oh dear, how embarrassing I knew it was probably a simple solution but couldn't figure it out.

thank you so much 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report