Date Fields spitting out incorrect date

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1657 Views, 2 Replies

Date Fields spitting out incorrect date

Hi all, 

Having an issue with the 'Create Date' Field in AutoCAD 2019. I'm posting this on April 2, 2021, and I have three drawings open, all of which are saying different date. One drawing is saying March 31, 2021, one is saying April 1, 2021, and one is saying April 2, 2021 (the correct date). When I go to create a new field, the prompt is for the correct date, but after placing the field, it seems to reset to an incorrect date. 1.png

2.png

3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: Anonymous

The 'Create Date' is too general. What exactly does 'create' mean? Think about it. If you start a new drawing from scratch is the current date the 'create' date? If you later revise that drawing  24-hours later then 'save that revision' over writing the original, is the revision considered a new creation? Or the is original date still the 'create date' even though the original drawing isn't the same drawing as the revised drawing? Yeah, they're 'different' dates because one is pre-revision and the other is post-revision.

It's ambiguous to what create means. When the drawing was first started is definitely a creation. When you revised the drawing, is that not a creation? Afterall, didn't you just create a 'revision?' 

Instead of using 'Create Date' use another date field such as Save Date field. See image below.

1.png

When you revise or update a drawing, the former date is replaced with the 'save date' and that makes more sense. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
vladimir_michl
in reply to: Anonymous

This is as designed. The field dialog just show examples of the result. The real "creation date" of a DWG file is fixed in the history - it is a date it was created (not updated as you probably expect).

Vladimir Michl, www.cadforum.cz - www.arkance-systems.cz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report