Did you mean: 

Data Extraction

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2011 Views, 7 Replies

Data Extraction

I am trying to get the coordinates of several hundred points (created by using the DIVIDE command on a line)- problem is, I don't seem to have the DATAEXTRACTION function?  I have Autocad 2016, is it not part of that?  Is there some other way to export the data?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

>> problem is, I don't seem to have the DATAEXTRACTION function? <<

it's supposed to be exist in Autocad 2016  ( as you said ),  try EATTEXT command and see if any changes . if NOT fixed please try to use REDIFINE command then enter the name of command . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Patchy

Let's see the drawing in .dwg

Message 4 of 8
cadffm

_.dataextract
Should working in Autocad 2016,
not in Autocad LT 2016.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
ChicagoLooper

Go to Annotate Tab=>Tables Panel=>Data Extract Icon.

Data extract icon.Data extract icon.

You'll get the Data Extraction wizard which consists of 8 pages. On page 1, select your points manually or you can select everything in modelspace. If you do the latter, then on page 3, keep the check mark for 'points' and uncheck everything else. Doing this will 'filter down' or isolate the extraction process to points only.

To limit the extraction to only points, uncheck everything except 'points.'To limit the extraction to only points, uncheck everything except 'points.' 

On page 4, you'll see every possible property that can be extracted from the drawing object you filtered down on page 3. To filter further, keep the check mark for geometry in the right panel and uncheck everything else. The extractable properties will now only show position x, y, and z values, which are your coordinates. At a minimum, keep x and y checked, they are your coordinates. You may uncheck position-z if your points don't have elevation values.

On right panel, keep geometry checked.On right panel, keep geometry checked.

On page 8, you can save the extraction to a table then paste the table into modelspace, or you may save it to an external document, i.e., xlls, mdb, csv or txt. If you choose the latter, select 'Output data to external file.' I recommend xls.

You can save to an external document.You can save to an external document.

Chicagolooper
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I should add that this is Autocad for Mac, version 2016.5

All of the features that have been offered as solutions do not seem to exist for me.  There is no DATAEXTRACTION command.  No ANNOTATION tab.  Anybody else with a Mac out there?

Message 7 of 8
imadHabash

Hi,

>> Anybody else with a Mac out there? <<

i suggest to close your issue here and post it in this forum . >> AutoCAD for Mac <<

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
ChicagoLooper

Unfortunately Autocad for Mac cannot extract coordinate geometry for points. The points are not considered to be blocks and even if they were, the points don't have any attributes. You can only extract attributes from blocks which requires setting up an Attribute Extraction Template File beforehand. See documentation >>HERE<<. What you want are the x/y's for each individual point which are properties of objects. Sorry, but you need Windows.

What's your goal? Are you trying to create a tin using the points as your definition? Either way, you need Windows.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta