Did you mean: 

Data Extraction Template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joe_kohli
132 Views, 4 Replies

Data Extraction Template

Can someone please show me what I need to change to get the results I want? I want to make a Data Extraction Template that will be used for many, many drawings. I opened one of my drawings and created a new .dxe template from that drawing with all the information I want to extract and saved it on my workstation. 

How do I use this template again on another drawing? The problem is that when I try to use that template again, it is holding all the information from the original drawing that I extracted the information. It's like it's specific to that file (and I know it's not supposed to be like that). I'm doing something wrong. Can someone show me how to save a "generic" template I can upload to all my drawings with all my saved settings?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: joe_kohli

Hi,

>>"How do I use this template again on another drawing?"

Start command, select your .dxe(x), follow the instruction/pages

The minimum you have to edit, is the list of drawings you want to extract from.

>>"it is holding all the information from the original drawing that I extracted the information."

If you forgot to remove the old file from the list, sure (page 2/8)

>>" Can someone show me how to save a "generic" template I can upload to all my drawings with all my saved settings?"

Generic: Impossible, all settings are static/hardcoded in the .dxe(x)

If you selected "add current drawing", in .dxe(x) is saved the path+name+extension of this file, not a generic information "current file"!

In each cases, you have to change the file list, to inform Acad from which file you want to extract..

For objects and properties settings, you need a files with ALL wanted objects to extract.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
cadffm

>>" I can upload to all my drawings with all my saved settings?"

Why not extracting all data from all file in once? Not the best way in all cases, but sometimes a good way.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
joe_kohli
in reply to: cadffm

Thank you! I was getting the "page 2" incorrect. Went back and fixed that page setup and now it works.

Message 5 of 5
jskalaXDDX5

Just a thought, but if you Explode the table you are extracting to, you could "recycle" the Link without editing it...I used to use:

_-DATAEXTRACTION;C:/Users/Joe/Desktop/MAT.dxe;

As part of a CUI macro, the macro also used to put the objects I was extracting from on their own Layer, run the extraction, put everthing back on a different Layer and explode the table...so that worked the same multiple times in the same drawing or in any new drawing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta