Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL + SHIFT + S not working

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
4835 Views, 11 Replies

CTRL + SHIFT + S not working

The command just does nothing, even though when I manually go to the command in the File menu, it still has the shortcut listed there. CTRL + Shift + C still does copy with base point, and Shift + clicking something still deselects it from the current group. Is there something I'm missing?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

C or S? You typed both.

What do you want it to do?

What version of AutoCAD are you using? Sounds like you are still using the classic workspace and pulldown menus too, correct?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

CTRL + Shift + C works.

I would like CTRL + Shift + S to Save As, and it does not.

I'm using AutoCAD 2013
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

And...I guess classic workspace, etc. I don't know anything different.
Message 5 of 12
pendean

Define "iit doesn't work": does autocad hang after you start the command? OR are you just getting a commandline prompt?
So if you type SAVEAS it works fine?

if nothing happens, the definition may have been changes in your menu file: some random text on a pulldown menu typed by someone in the year 2012 before releasing R2013 is not going to autochange itself automatically if that's the case. So did you load a new menu? Or add a menu? Or add-on from a third party?

R2013 is not new, so what changed with your setup? drop a second monitor perhaps? Get a smaller screen? install something new?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

When I use that command, nothing happens. SAVEAS still does what I would like it to.

I recently updated Collaborate (a program used by my university to facilitate watching classes remotely).

Also, everyone in my office uses network customization files, so it's possible someone else changed something and that's where the problem lies.

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Start CUI command, and look for the setting just like in the screenshot below: If you have these, then maybe your keyboard or keyboard driver got changed or needs to change, it should work fine like it does here for me. Your unversity's Help Desk will need to get involved most likely.

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

This is what it looks like. I switched it to CTRL + SHIFT + 1, and it worked. When I switched it back to s, capital and lower-case, it stopped working again.

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 12
ВeekeeCZ

Check upper right corner window if there is no conflict. It should has a green flag.
Case of letters does not matter. - You can try assign that again. Do not type it. If you click inside the field, there shows an icon with three dots. Click on it and assign a shortcut by holding keys.
I am changing this a lot, never had problem.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Eventually it fixed itself. I have no idea what went wrong, nor what went right. Thanks anyways!

Message 11 of 12
cbarnes

I had the same problem. I used the FILEDIA command and made sure it was set to 1 and it fixed it for me.
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cbarnes

Thanks.. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report