Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a solid from multiple surfaces using sculpt.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
472 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a solid from multiple surfaces using sculpt.

Hello.

I'm trying to generate a solid form from surfaces but i get the following error message :

Command: _SURFSCULPT Mesh conversion set to: Smooth and optimized.
6 found
Modeling Operation Error:
System inconsistency processing edge coincidence.
Solid creation failed, no watertight volume detected.

i already extended all surfaces so they overlap eachother.

i am pretty new to the 3d drawing so if there is a better way to get the solid form please enlighten me.

Kind Regards,

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am looking at your file and I am hoping you can give me more detail on what I am seeing. You have some surfaces, some 3dpolylines. Can you tell me what their relationship is? If you started with the 3dPolys, if they do not intersect you could use a LOFT command.

With the surfaces you have shown, I am able to use Union on most of them but the one end piece doesn't seem to be constructed properly.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John.

Thanks for your response.

i figured out what was wrong myself, apperantly you cannot join 2 surfaces using the MERGE command (i mean you can but this brings complications)

so when using the SURFEXTEND command i had to put creation type to Merge.

after doing so the SCULPT command worked fine

Kind regards,

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad you worked thorough this! I was just starting to dig in on this issue myself.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory