Create AutoCAD 3D Solid and then save as STL

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
407 Views, 4 Replies

Create AutoCAD 3D Solid and then save as STL

Hi, 

I have created a 2D-drawing and now extruded the drawing (I now have a white mesh object) I would like to know how to turn this into a solid and save this out as an .stl file.  

Thanks!

@Anonymous

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: New to AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure how you got a "white mesh object" until you upload a sample drawing file.

But you may try this:

1. type _vscurrent in command line then click enter key.

2. select Hidden or Conceptual then click enter key.

If you use AutoCAD Mechanical you have a command stlout to export your drawing to STL file.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

I have .... extruded the drawing (I now have a white mesh object) I would like to know how to turn this into a solid and save this out as an .stl file.  

It sounds like you EXTRUDEd under SUrface mode, and the "white mesh object" is the SUrface result.  Go back and EXTRUDE again, but select the MOde option and change it to SOlid [which mine already was -- hence the default shown]:

ExtrudeMode.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

If this is not a 3D solid, and is an object consisting of surfaces, you can use SURFPATCH to put an additional surface on the top and bottom. Then you could UNION all the surfaces.

To produce the STL file, use STLOUT, select all the objects and your file will be created.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: BeKirra

@BeKirra wrote:

If you use AutoCAD Mechanical you have a command stlout to export your drawing to STL file.

Sorry, @john.vellek is correct. stlout is an AutoCAD command. The line above should be rewrited.

- "You can use command stlout to export your drawing to STL file."

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report