Create a custom line type

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
411 Views, 8 Replies

Create a custom line type

Hello all,

I`m tryng to create

a custom line type like it`s in the attach picture. i only can create with shape. i need be like in the picture with all the vertex.

custom.PNG

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached.

Put both files in a location that is in your support file search path.

Tweak as desired.

angle.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to go 1 more step to get the vertex showing by explode the lines.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

hy,

Thanks for the fast response. I load the type of line but it wil not allow me to explode more then one time. and after the first explode i only get this. i attach the screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy wrote:

You have to go 1 more step to get the vertex showing by explode the lines.

Is that a new feature in 2017 [which I haven't loaded in yet]?  In AutoCAD 2016, I can't Explode linework using a linetype with Shapes, and get the Shapes broken out.

A routine could certainly be made that would construct a Polyline in that fashion, similar to [but with different point-defining portions than] what InsulBattPoly.lsp with its IB command does [a much-more-sophisticated example than this shape would require].  It could be made to [as IB does] ask the User to which side they want the teeth, and presumably wouldn't require IB's center-justification option.

Does that sound like what is needed?

EDIT:  A question....  In the case of curves [Circles, Arcs, Polyline arc segments, Ellipses, Splines], would it be essential that the parts that are not the teeth follow the path curvature?  Should it be as on the left, or would the one on the right, with straight pieces between the teeth, be acceptable?  [The latter would be infinitely easier.]

SawTooth.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Kent1Cooper
Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@rkmcswain wrote:

Tweak as desired.

The tweak I would suggest, if it's important that the proportions be more like the original image [non-tooth portions apparently the same length as teeth], would to either omit the pen-down part at the end:

A,1.0,[Angle,angle.shx,S=1],-1.0

or for [I think, without testing] more balanced results at the ends of things, make the total of the two pen-down portions one unit:

A,.5,[Angle,angle.shx,S=1],-1.0,.5

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent1Cooper wrote:

Is that a new feature in 2017 [which I haven't loaded in yet]?  In AutoCAD 2016, I can't Explode linework using a linetype with Shapes, and get the Shapes broken out.

Perhaps @Patchy is referring to "exploding" the linework down to its most basic elements using WMFOUT and WMFIN, or a modified TXTEXP command.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper

rkmcswain wrote:

Perhaps @Patchy is referring to "exploding" the linework down to its most basic elements using WMFOUT and WMFIN, or a modified TXTEXP command.

[Their link in Post 6 appears to be in the latter category.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta