Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying attribute text to another block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joe_kohli
438 Views, 4 Replies

Copying attribute text to another block

I have to change out hundreds of flowtags that need to be upgraded to a newer style block. I have built (by the help of some amazing people on this forum) the new dynamic flowtag named "2LINETAG_DYN" (top picture). Is there a way that I can extract and/or copy the attributed text (in yellow) from the old block "2RTAG" (bottom picture) to the newly built dynamic block "2LINETAG_DYN"? I literally have to open each new block and compare it to the old block and begin typing in the information from the old block to the new block. This is EXTREMELY time consuming. I need something like a "REPLACEBLOCK and also copy over text to new block" command. To replace the block it works just fine, but it does not transfer the text. It rather, resets the block to a "new" condition. Am I dreaming or can this be done easily? I attached the block for reference

joe_kohli_0-1715626425743.png

joe_kohli_1-1715626430996.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: joe_kohli

BREPLACE can do that.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-9856FE72-45DC-4EDC-A808-EB9FD79A9F78

Note: The video does not catch the pop-up dialogs.

Message 3 of 5
vinodkl

Hello @joe_kohli 

This would have been easy if the "2RTAG" block was constructed with different tag names. Since the tags are same for both the attribute "." its showing the duplicate attribute in "RED" color while editing. So use the command "BATTMAN" and change the attribute tag of "2RTAG" from "." to 1 & 2 to match the tags of "2LINETAG_DYN" block. Next you can use the attached lisp to transfer the attribute value from "2RTAG" to "2LINETAG_DYN" block.

To load the lisp, download the .lsp file and drag & drop into AutoCAD. Next type in the command "MTB" to run the lisp and select source and destination block to transfer the attribute value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
joe_kohli

Excellent!! Thank you very much. I have tried it on a few different block and it works flawlessly (that is, as long as the tag numbers match).

Message 5 of 5
vinodkl

Hello @joe_kohli 

Thank you. Yes, the lisp looks for similar tag and transfers the attribute values.

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report