11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
32673 Views, 11 Replies

Copy to clipboard Failed Solution

Solution.

Hello fellow Acad users.

Some of us have had the issue with the Copy to clipboard failed message.

This i a solution for those having this problem with Blockes and proxy errors.

SOLUTION.

1: Open the drawing from wich u get the message.

2: Select the block you want to copy.

3: Rightclick and edit block in place (click ok for any popup windows).

4: Use the save changes command from the ribbon.

5: Copy your block by selecting it and ctrl c.

6: Open the drawing you wish to paste the block and use ctrl V basepoint 0,0,0 if using chorrds. 

Enjoy!

Ps. Autodesk saves the block as a autodesk proxy object using this method.

Ds.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: Anonymous

We have a client who often delivers .dwg files with the same error.

Usually exploding all blocks, doing an _audit and _purge solves the problem. I case we need to keep the blocks intact we extract them to another .dwg, fix them there, re-save them and update the block reference in the original drawing. This also fixes the problem.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Michiel.Valcke

That seams to be more work than my solution though.

using my solution u have no need to explode the block just re save it using the edit inplace command then saving changes.

if you do these steps you can also copy it out of the drawing.

Basicly your fixing a faulted drawing.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I was suffering the same problem where some instances of blocks wouldn't copy or cut to clipboard. I found that copies of the failing objects would copy just fine. To remedy the problem, I copied *all* in place and deleted the originals.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I was suffering the same problem where some instances of blocks wouldn't copy or cut to clipboard. I found that copies of the failing objects would copy just fine. To remedy the problem, I copied *all* in place and deleted the originals.

I was suffering from this problem either but I discover the solution , and that problem will be solved if you select all the objects when you make a copy with base point .

1- ctrl + shift + c

2- pick the base point  than enter .

3- select objects : All

4- paste it into the other file that you want .

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Below a very simple solution, 

you just have to swipe the desired file into a new autocad window or to the destination opened file, say bismillah and bingo it works !

Best Regards from AL-MOUHANDIS.

Message 7 of 12
fegautodesk

copy failed is not only for blocks.  this solution is invalid.

Message 8 of 12
RobDraw
in reply to: fegautodesk

If you reread the first post, this thread addresses blocks. Wanna try again?

Most of the time this can be solved by properly exporting the drawing to the version that you are using. Drawing TrueView, free from Autodesk will do this quite nicely for you.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 12
jpace

Strange that after all this time, the infamous proxy still becomes an issue that prevent the clipboard, or even writeblock, from working. This is always about hidden proxies in the drawing that disable these commands and almost render the drawing as useless. The fix I found was a cool app called Zombie Killer, that I was able to use as a command in any autocad or carlson embedded, and then I open the suspect drawing, and run the command, and it finds the proxies and deletes them. After that, I save it out and it works just fine for the whole team. The other method is to stay current on ALL object enablers up to the current year, so that your software will understand the new lingo, and the proxy will then be understood and no longer be an issue. The most useful solution I mention is the zombie killer app, since, it will no longer require a  user to update their software with current year enablers, and it will delete any proxy of any year, even those that came about after the app was made, and delete them. So basically, you either keep your whole team current on Autocads object enablers, or, download the zombie killer and delete out proxies that cause this when they come.

Message 10 of 12
pendean
in reply to: jpace

@jpace wrote:

....The most useful solution I mention is the zombie killer app...

You are replying to an old post, but your tip is perfect for fixing the issue regardless.

For anyone else looking for it... https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=1498235021060360128&appLang=en&os=Win32_64 

Message 11 of 12
martin.achterhofRENHF

I was having this problem with a file and it ended up being the Data Links causing the problem.  After I deleted them I was able to regain the copy & paste function with the file.  It doesn't look like this has been mentioned as a solution. 

Message 12 of 12
joe.jamal7991
in reply to: jpace

zombie killer works like magic, Thanks mate!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost