Holes in a solid

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2793 Views, 9 Replies

Holes in a solid

Dear Sir /Madam

I want to ask you about holes that  create the proffesional in the video that you see.

He create 2 circles a small circle and a big circle.

when he create the small circle ,after he use the command presspull and he create a hole in the box.

Also ,when he create  the big circle he use again the command presspull but,not created a Hole in the box,for this reason he used the command subtract to create hole in the box.

Question

why happen this ?[ circles are in the  same side(over the box),the professional he used the same method and the same commands)]

why in the first example created a hole but in the second example with the big circle can not created a hole ?

where is the promblem?

shows up strange

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

as is see from your youtube he use the same way for both 2 circles ( presspull then subtract ) .. isn't it ???

BUT... there is a different for presspull command when you select the circle itself or select the area in the cirlcle. the first selection extrude another shape from circles but the other selection make holes.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

somewhere i made mistake.
Message 4 of 10
Michiel.Valcke

Hey,

I watched the video and saw the designer use the same series of commands twice in row. With both holes he uses the _SUBTRACT commando.

For the other way to create 'holes' I would refer to what Imadhabash has said earlier. If you want to subtract directly when creating a shape upon an existing solid you can select the area rather than the ribs.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

i made mistake .

I was confused .The question should have been another.

when i  compare( the video that you see over) with this video )(in the first video)the proffesional create a hole in the box (he used the command presspull and after the command subtract)

in the second video the proffessional create a hole (with the rectancle- he create a door),using the command presspull without to use the command substract.

why happen the hole without he using  the command substract

1)box in the fisrt video -box in the second video ,

2)hole with( circle and using command presspull and after command subtract  in the first video - hole in the second video with rectangle without to use subtract/ why happen this?the logic was to use the command subtract sach as to the first example 

my mind has got a smoke inside

ice_screenshot_20160608-150645.png

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

the second video has got the address

https://youtu.be/dI6a6IfKngY

Autocad 2010 : extrude and presspull

Message 7 of 10
imadHabash

Hi aliki,

as i told you in my first post PRESSPULL procedure depend on your object selection way. so you will have a different results when you select the object itself or the area in the object.

subtract command will give you the same result for presspull ... simply it's another way for making shapes since subtract command is older than presspull command..

Good Luck..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

SOMETIMES i PRETEND that i do not understand many things......

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

you should be most careful when you addressing to the  my percepantion of my mind......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta