Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste into Word

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rickhiebert
4118 Views, 4 Replies

Copy/Paste into Word

I often copy images from AutoCAD into Word. To do this I select the objects in AutoCAD, right click and copy them to the Clipboar. Then in Word I do a Paste Special - Picture (Windows Metafile). This works great in AutoCAD 2016 but when I copy the same image from AuotCAD 2017 the result is unacceptable. Centerlines copied from 2016 display well in Word; centerlines copied from 2017 display as continuous lines in Word. I have attached a PDF of an sample drawing pasted from AutoCAD 2016 and the same file opened and copied from AutoCAD 2017.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tran.nguyen
in reply to: rickhiebert

Hello @rickhiebert,

We are aware of this issue and it is on our radar. In the meantime can you try the workaround of turning your hardware acceleration off?

If needed, here are instructions on how to do that:

1. Down in your status bar, make sure that "Graphics Performance" is checked in the pull up customization menu.
  2. Right click on the "Graphics Performance" icon in the status bar
  3. Select "Graphics Performance" (the only item) in the pull up menu
  4. In the dialog that popped up, toggle "Hardware Acceleration" off under the "Effects Settings" section and click "OK"
  5. Now copy and paste your objects from AutoCAD to Microsoft Word.

Please let me know if this works for you. Thank you for your question.

Tran N
Senior Experience Designer

Message 3 of 5
rickhiebert
in reply to: tran.nguyen

Thank you so much! Your solution worked perfectly.

Message 4 of 5
tran.nguyen
in reply to: rickhiebert

Sure thing. Happy to help 🙂

Tran N
Senior Experience Designer

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tran.nguyen

Hi, I'm pretty new to using Autocad and have grown to be a basic user (I can do what I require from it) I have drawn a Hexagon in autocad, labelled it and wanted to copy and paste it into word. However it won't let me, I've tried copying going into word and using the clipboard but when I go to paste special Autocad isn't even an option. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report