Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy keyboard shortcut deselection objects?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1177 Views, 8 Replies

Copy keyboard shortcut deselection objects?

Hey everyone,

So I am working in AutoCAD 2013 and have a weird problem going on. I recently purchased a gaming mouse (Logitech G602) that has 6 buttons on the side, and two more on the left click that I can program to any key. I have never used keyboard shortcuts before so setting them up was a new task for my but I did it....ALMOST flawlessly. I have the shortcuts set for the F# keys and then my mouse buttons are linked to those F# keys respectfully.

So I have 1 button set for "MOVE" and 1 set for "COPY", and when I select the objects I want to move I hit that button and then I can select the base point, JUST like actually typing in the command. But when I hit the copy button with the SAME objects selected, it deselects the objects and tells me to select the objects again.

It does that with both the mouse button and the F key, but when I type in the command it works like it should, keeps the selection and then tells me to select the base point.

Any ideas on what I did wrong? Here are some screen shots I grabbed:

Copy Command and keyCopy Command and keyMove command and keyMove command and key

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Simply replace that very long macro code with this:

_MOVE

Does your problem go away?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I believe it did! but now i have another question..... I took that macro from the copy command itself?.....why does it work their but no the shortcut?

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

Well, those macros are essentially saying "if the objects are selected, then proceed with the command. If not then 'cancel' twice, and then proceed with the command from the beginning".

I can duplicate the problem in AutoCAD 2019. Not sure why it doesn't work. If you always want to copy pre-selected objects this way, you could replace the macro with this: 

._copy;

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
pendean

Sometimes blindly copying code is never a good idea, I prefer to just do my own thing for my own customizations 🙂

Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain

@pendean -- There is nothing wrong with the code. It's straight OOTB. Did you try it yourself? It's easily replicated in AutoCAD 2019 with no editing of macros.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

Why copy anything when you can simply add what you want, where you want it, to do what you want 100% of the time trouble-free is how I approach customizing.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

So from what I'm understanding, there is an error in the autocad code that doesn't let that macro get used with keyboard shortcuts? It's just weird how the "MOVE" command works just fine but the "COPY" needs to be formatted different when both of them have the same macro apart from the end command.... that just doesn't seem right. but it's working correct now (I believe) so I just changed the "MOVE" macro on my shortcut to match (I'm OCD like that) and now they work just like typing the command.

still bugs me that they don't like the standard macro autodesk created though haha 

Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain

pendean wrote:
Why copy anything when you can simply add what you want, where you want it, to do what you want 100% of the time trouble-free is how I approach customizing.

You're misunderstanding something. There was no copying. I took the stock OOTB "copy" and "move" commands (already in the CUI) and added them to the keyboard shortcuts node. Then assigned an F key to each of them. It appears to be a bug, especially since OP says the same thing is happening as far back as r2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report