Did you mean: 

Copy from 2010 to 2015

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
589 Views, 14 Replies

Copy from 2010 to 2015

Hallo. Is it somehow possible to copy or convert drowing from autocad 2010 to 2015 veraion?
Thank you for your help.
Regards Miro.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Just open it in 2015 and save. Nothing else to do.
Message 3 of 15
beyoungjr

Just in case you do not have the newer version of AutoCAD but must provide newer save version of DWG... use DWG TrueView or Fusion to save to the newer DWG format.

If you have the newer ACAD then @pendean had your correct solution.

Cheers,

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

@Anonymous Thank you for share your problem with the community.

For convert 2010 into 2015, files you need to have software for the new version and while saving your file change the version there is an option for changing the file from 2010 to 2015.

And I am attaching the file where you have to change the version.

If the above information helps you to overcome the problem give kudo.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: beyoungjr

Hallo. I have both version 2011 LT and 2015. The situation was that I had a problem with 2015 version. I couldnt open it because of some problem. Therefore I open the file in autocad truewiev and saved it as autocad 2010 to be able to open it in 2011 LT version and continue with work. Later when 2015 version was repaired I wanted to open the file that was saved as 2010 in 2015 version but it was not possible. It is still opened as "NEW TAB"

Message 6 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Later when 2015 version was repaired I wanted to open the file that

>> was saved as 2010 in 2015 version but it was not possible

If you can open a DWG-file in AutoCAD 2011 you should be able to open the same file in AutoCAD 2015 too, without any modifications.

>> It is still opened as "NEW TAB"

I don't understand that, please start AutoCAD, use the "open" button and select that file ... what exactly happens?

If there are defects you should get a message box showing what's going on.

(you might also try to run recover instead of open)

If you want to show the drawing so we can test to open it on our systems feel free to upload the DWG-file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

https://ulozto.sk/!OoIAl18C63ZW/vid-20180320-145450-mp4

Hallo Here is the link for video how it works. I open autocad program. Than I click open the file, but program doesnt open anything but open only the basic picture again (new tab). When I am opening the file through the 2011 version it is OK. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

I tried to convert other file from 2015 to 2010 and it works. It looks that on that specific file that is not possible to open in 2015 happens something during conversion. But interesting is that it is still possible open through 2011 version. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you start command _RECOVERALL to try to get this drawing opened?

If that does not work please upload the dwg file so we can try to find the reason ...

- alfred -

PS: screenrecording is much easier using e.g. Autodesk Screencast (>>>click for free download<<<)

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 15
pendean

Share your 2011 DWG file here with ll of us to try it.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hallo. Here is the link where I saved problematic DWG file

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Message 13 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

please upload the file here, it's more save for us than to use your link which is not a well known service like DropBox or so.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes I wanted to do that but it looks the file is too big to put it directly here as attachment because it was not possible to post the message. Error message occured. File size is 112 MB. 

But I find the solution in this forum. I opened the problematic drawing in 2011 version. Then I opened new drawing in 2011 version and moved the drawing from one to other. (see short video). Then I saved that new draving and now it is possible open it with both versions of autocad.

I would like to say thank you to everybody for replays and help.

Best regards 

Miro

Message 15 of 15
pendean

Your error filled unused-items-filled now 18MB file opens just fine here after clean up, see attached.

Capture1.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report