Did you mean: 

COPY CLIPBOARD FAILED

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
poe
Observer
1940 Views, 7 Replies

COPY CLIPBOARD FAILED

Suddenly in one of my drawings i can no longer copy and paste.  I get the copy clipboard failed error message.

I have looked through this forum with no real solution to the problem other than start over.  But that is not possible time wise due to the amount of layout tabs and layer control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: poe

Hi,

in most cases this happens you have proxy objects inside your dwg-file.

Try to delete them (maybe using this tool >>>click<<<).

If that does not work then please upload your dwg-file + a screenshot after starting command _ABOUT so we can see your type and version of AutoCAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
poe
Observer
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

here is a copy of the drawing and screenshot.  Zombiekiller did not work

Message 4 of 8
pendean

You have to INSERT your problem file into a blank new file to make the problem go away here in plain AutoCAD2019.

Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

create a new drawing (make sure you have the same units set in the new file as in the existing one).

Use command _INSERT to insert the geometry from the defect dwg into the new drawing.

Use DesignCenter to import the layouts ... but test after each layout if the issue then arises again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 8
poe
Observer
in reply to: pendean

I have done this once already today insert the bad drawing into a new .dwg.  Only to have the problem come back again. It is time consuming to set up each layout over again only for it to happen again.  What could be causing the issue?  When the problem started back i isolated one layer and tried to copy and paste the line work. "copy clip board failed".  when before i isolated the object it would copy and paste just fine i do not know if this information would help.

Message 7 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It is time consuming to set up each layout over again

No need to do this manually

You can use DesignCenter to import layouts from one dwg to the other.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 8
rkmcswain

As @Alfred.NESWADBA said, proxy objects. 

I've seen this here with multiple users using AutoCAD in an otherwise Civil 3D environment. 

With the C3D Object Enabler installed, the copyclip problem goes away, but at a cost. When the OE is installed, AutoCAD becomes "aware" of the AEC objects and if those objects are numerous and/or complex, AutoCAD slows down to a crawl.

Try the applicable OE install first.

@poe 

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost