Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments for my Drawing

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Ivanskcheung
1273 Views, 16 Replies

Comments for my Drawing

Could you please provide some feedback and/or suggestions to this drawing? This is important to me because it is the first one I'm planning to sell online. Please don't mark this as spam because I am not trying to promote a product in this post. Thanks. 

Labels (5)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Patchy
in reply to: Ivanskcheung

The door swings in the wrong way, and the furniture in the Bedroom1 are huge,

some of the chairs are smaller than the toilet, are they to scale?

House Floor Plan 1.png

Message 3 of 17
pendean

... also your furniture/plumbing/doors blocks are 'garbage', they are out of scale (dining chairs a third of the width of a doorway? a couch with cushions 1.5x to 2x wider that a door way?) and how do you get that lounge change in the room through a door and window that is smaller than it?

pendean_0-1648740451575.png

Message 4 of 17
tboehler

First drawing? - Good start.  I'm sure you will continually improve.  

You can find architectural standards, interior furniture blocks (many free CAD ready blocks), and building codes online - for your area.

looks like others commented on drawing improvements.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 17

1 - Remove all decimal places (lower your precision to 0).   Ex: 3125,31 should read 3125

2 - Change your units to Meters rather than MM Ex: 3125 should read 3.125m

3 - Generally, indoor floor plans should be dimensioned from the inside of rooms, not from the outside. If your bathroom measures 3m X 2m, then simply witre: Bathroom 3m X 2m. Do this for every room / hallway on your plan 

4 - As mentioned by Pendean, the scale of your blocks is all wrong. Make sure you used properly sized furniture blocks

5 - Personally, i would use only black and white & remove all color. It's a floor plan, not a coloring book. 

Look for good examples on the web and do that... Something like this: 

03.png 

Message 6 of 17
Kent1Cooper

Turn on SNAP or use other means to get reasonably round-figure sizes to things.  No builder can lay out a building to the hundredth of a millimeter.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 17
mmelechinsky

Why is the exterior wall to the left of the bathtub a different width than the other exterior walls?

Where are the closets? 

It looks like you have two cooking units in the kitchen but no refrigerator.  Is that correct?

If the patio at the end of the living room is open to the air what are the two yellow colored lines representing?  A wall?  Wouldn't it make sense to have patio doors in that wall?

The layout of the furniture in bedroom 1 should be reconfigured.  Walking into a room with a desk located where you have it makes no sense.  And, why bother having both a desk and a workstation?  Get rid of the desk.

Your floor plan is poorly laid out.  What is your background? 

The first thing I would do is relocate and reconfigure the bathroom so it is between the two bedrooms.  Bedroom 2 is too small.

What is the overall square footage of this living unit?

Where will the utilities be located?  Ex. - water heater, HVAC unit, and electrical panel.

Two of your windows are missing window glass.

There's no washer or dryer.  Where will the occupants do their laundry?

Message 8 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: Patchy

I will correct the door's orientation. The drawing should be made to scale, and I'll make sure to modify it so that it is. Thank you for your feedback.

Message 9 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: pendean

I understand the issue, I will modify the furniture so that they are scaled appropriately. Thanks for the feedback. 

Message 10 of 17

I will take note of your advice, thank you for your feedback. 

Message 11 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I will, thanks 

Message 12 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: mmelechinsky

1. I don't know why I made the width of the exterior wall that way. 

2. They aren't present in the drawing- I'll add them in my revised drawing.

3. Yes, I forgot about it before. 

4. They are glass sliding doors that divide the Living Room and the Patio.

5. I agree, I should group the desk and the workstation together.  

6. I don't think that I would need a background for my drawing. Please give me an example of the kind of background to include in this drawing. 

7. 77.39 + 64.12 + 135.97 + 305.99 + 90.56 + 54.54 = 729 sq ft. I don't want the size of this house to be this small. 

8. I didn't plan this out yet but it is necessary for my floor plan.

9. I would create another room specifically for the laundry. 

I will take note of your evaluation of this drawing, thank you for your very detailed feedback. 

Message 13 of 17
RSomppi

If you are going to sell this online, what is  your customer base?

Message 14 of 17
mmelechinsky

Re: background.  I was referring to your job and/or your schooling.   What do you do for a living?  Do you have a job?  If so, what do you do?  If you are a student are you studying to be an architect?  Or, are you studying interior design?  Who do you hope to sell your design to?  What makes it unique from other designs?  

Message 15 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: RSomppi

It's for construction companies, real estate agents, interior designers and potential home buyers.  

Message 16 of 17
Ivanskcheung
in reply to: mmelechinsky

I'm a Data Tester but I have a deep interest in CAD so I want to try out selling CAD plans as a way of building up my portfolio too. Not exactly studying interior design, but I have attained professional certification for the AutoCAD software. I'm a bit unsure whether I should continue studying CAD in the interior design or the graphic design trajectory. I'm devoting a lot of time in developing my graphic design career now. This floor plan is not particularly unique because the inspiration for it was acquired from existing professional floor plans. 

Message 17 of 17
Kent1Cooper

@Ivanskcheung wrote:

It's for construction companies, real estate agents, interior designers and potential home buyers.  

I don't know what regulations are like where you are, but in virtually all of the US, something like that would not be able to get a building permit without coming from some kind of registered professional [Architect or Structural Engineer], with their professional seal or stamp.  So it would be of no use to the people you mention, except perhaps, if they like the layout enough to want to develop it, to pass along to a professional to flesh out and make permittable.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report