Did you mean: 

Command Tool Icons Show a ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1036 Views, 3 Replies

Command Tool Icons Show a ?

I just did a brand new installation of AutoCAD 2018, we use a third party software which helps us with our commercial interiors.

It runs parallel to AutoCAD and thus it has it's on commands and command toolbars.

After running through the complete installations everything works properly with the exception that all the toolbars now show a ?.

If anyone knows how to refresh these or how I can reload them somehow I would appreciate it, it's been quite frustrating.

Picture of the issue:

questions.png

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your third party software toolbar image buttons did not load because they could not be found: that's what those clouds and question marks mean.
Resetting AutoCAD2018 and reloading the add-on may help.

Did you contact the third party software vendor for guidance on how to fix their add-on that you are using? They might have more ideas too.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The third party had a troubleshoot. go to menuload, unload the portion it installed. close autocad, manually navigate to where those menus and toolbars are at. Delete them.

reopen autocad, the third party software automatically regenerated the menus and toolbars.

thank you!

FYI - Third party software is 2020 CAP Studio.

Message 4 of 4
peterm
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on one of the buttons and go to Customize.

Then you need to point the software in the right direction for where the button icons are saved.

Another trick is to edit the button image, save it and apply changes. That can sometimes force AutoCAD to find all the icons.

You may need to add a support file search path Options - Files - Support file search path.

button image.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report