Did you mean: 

Command line covers the bottom of the extents

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rjjewett
912 Views, 4 Replies

Command line covers the bottom of the extents

I recently had to reset some of my AutoCAD 2018 settings (thanks to Microsoft's foibles) and now the command line covers the bottom part of the extents view in both the model and paper space.  I have AutoCAD 2017 and it does not do that in 2017.  I cannot find any setting that is different between the 2017 and 2018 on my machine.

Can someone point me to a system variable, setting, or command that will make the extents view stop at the command line instead of behind it?

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rjjewett

Hi,

>> command that will make the extents view stop at the command

>> line instead of behind it?

Can you please show a screenshot of that please (maybe with a marker in the screenshot so we know what you are referring to)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
rjjewett
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The screenshot attached shows a model space view with the command line moved up from its dock at the bottom of the window.  I moved it up so that the extents would show, but normally the command line is docked at the bottom.  The extents is the same either way.

In AutoCAD 2017 (also attached) the extents view stops at the command line instead of continuing behind it (when it is docked at the bottom.)

As far as I can tell, the settings of both AC 2018 and AC 2017 are the same.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rjjewett

Hi,

take the command line window at the position I marked in my screenshot and move it to where ever you want to have it ... does that answer the question?

20180114_203014.png

>> but normally the command line is docked at the bottom

In none of your both screenshots the command line is really docked, but you can take the command line and move it more and more downwards until a rectangle appears (as preview for the docked position).

Here you can find how I see the "docked command line":

20180114_203425.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
rjjewett
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My problem was that I was not moving the command line all the way down out of the window.  Once I did that, it popped back to where I wanted it.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report