Did you mean: 

Changing a character in multiple layer names

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
407 Views, 3 Replies

Changing a character in multiple layer names

Hello, 

I am trying to rename about 200 layers, currently they are all in this format: "X-XXX-X-XXXXX" eg. "C-G77-M-MANHOLE_EXTG" and I would like it to be "C_G77_M_MANHOLE_EXTG" for example! 

Is there any way for doing this other than going through manually and editing each one? 

Thank you for any help! 

Matt 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tiana_Y
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

I believe in order to rename that many layers as a batch instead of manually you will need a LISP within the program. This question might be better suited for the AutoCAD LISP forum

I did find this post, that seems to have a working LISP for batch renaming layers in that forum, may be what you are looking for. 

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Tiana.D
Community Program Manager
Contact Autodesk Support

Message 3 of 4
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

check this : Click here 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Tiana_Y

Thank you. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta