Did you mean: 

Change order command "select objects"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sandervp
1125 Views, 5 Replies

Change order command "select objects"

Hello everybody,

I'm using an application called StabiCad in AutoCad 2016.

This program has a lot of functions for creating elements.

If I draw some of those elements, I can change the view of those elements by using a command from this app.

This command "generateaview" can change the view to front/ left/ isometric etc. without changing the view of the rest of the drawing.

But, if I use this command, I have to select the objects before I choose the view.

Is it possible to change this order?

I want to create a toolbar with commands for different views. Because I have to select the view at the end of the command, it's not possible.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Sandervp

Hi,

>> But, if I use this command, I have to select the objects before I choose the view.

>> Is it possible to change this order?

As you wrote that this is a command from your application you have to ask your application vendor.

>> This command "generateaview" can change the view to front/ left/ isometric

>> etc. without changing the view of the rest of the drawing.

I have no idea what is meant by "change a view without changing a view of the rest of the drawing".

If you mean to change one view of one viewport without rotating the geometry ... then change a view even without selecting any objects can be done by the command _VIEW, or the viewcube or the viewport controls ...

Just as ideas ...

20170410_095145.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Sandervp
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello Alfred,

Maybe I was a little bit unclear;

I'm working in my model, not in a viewport. With this "generateaview" command, I can change the view of 1 or more StabiCad elements.

This command shall change the view of only the selected StabiCad objects.

In the attached file you'll see the different views of some of those objects. At the top of the drawing, you'll see the view of those elements if I use the AutoCad view command.

If I start drawing these objects, I have to add the elevation/ z-value of those objects and the size of these objects (widht/ height/ radius). I'm drawing ventilation systems and I need to change the view sometimes just to look if the airducts doesn't clashes eachother.

I want to use a macro like "generateaview""front""selectobjects" instead of "generateaview""selectobjects""front". Can I change this command order?

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thx for clarification, even if you have drawn the objects just in 2D when you used the standard VIEW options.

>> I want to use a macro like "generateaview""front""selectobjects" instead of "generateaview""selectobjects""front".

>> Can I change this command order?

Watch your command line after entering GENERATEVIEW ==>

• if it does not give you the option to first select the direction the answer is "you can't" and the need is then to ask the vendor of this application.
  • If you get options then show us what you are asked in the command-line, otherwise we can't help as we (at least most of us) don't know your application.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
Sandervp
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

The objects are drawn as a 2D object. AutoCad sees this as a 2d object. StabiCad draws this object as a 2D element but because I have to add different "characteristics" first, like the dimensions and material of those airducts, StabiCad draws these objects (in every view) also in 2D, with the same characteristics.

At the example.dwg you'll see a airduct with the size 500x200 (top view). If I change the view of this object to front, by using the StabiCad command, you'll see the airduct from the other site (200x500), but the object is still 2D.

I can change these objects into 3D objects with another StabiCad command, AutoCad shall see these objects as 3D also after using this command.

But this costs a lot of memory/ time with a big chance of a fatal error....

Thanks for your help.

I shall contact the StabiCad developer. 

(English is not my main language, sorry)

Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Sandervp,

I am not familiar with this application so it is hard to offer much help other than to suggest contacting the manufacturer. It is possible that one could write a routine to capture all of the appropriate information (steps) in the order you prefer before handing it to StabiCAd.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report