Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you remove 'dead space' from model space?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
graeme.board
688 Views, 9 Replies

Can you remove 'dead space' from model space?

I am working with a drawing which I have deleted information form the centre of the draiwng and I am now left with drawings to the left and right of the model space. The central area is now a large area of 'dead space' which is problematic when referencing between each side. Can you therefore remove the 'dead space' within the model, as opposed to moving everything a set number and then moving with all of the paper space viewports.Dead space imageDead space image

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: graeme.board

Hi,

>> Can you therefore remove the 'dead space' within the model

your Model space is a background that you draw over . to get rid of this empty space between your two objects you have to MOVE your objects in a way that meet your needs  . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
qnologi
Message 4 of 10
graeme.board
in reply to: qnologi

Thanks for the suggestion, although not what I am looking for.
Message 5 of 10
graeme.board
in reply to: imadHabash

As described; you would have to move every viewport as well - not something I have time or inclination to do.
Message 6 of 10
qnologi
Message 7 of 10
imadHabash

can we know the reason why you can not move your objects ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
graeme.board
in reply to: imadHabash

If you move the objects in model space, they will not appear in the viewports....you would then have to open each viewport and pan to the detail.
The easier way of doing this is moving in the model i.e 10000 and then in the viewport move it 10000/scale of viewport.
This is a lengthy way I have used before, but wanted a way of it being a bit more dynamic.
Message 9 of 10
imadHabash

>> If you move the objects in model space, they will not appear in the viewports

if you want to fix your model issue , you have to fix also your VP's as you said and i think there is no way except this way . 

Q: i'm curious to know how many VP's did you have ? and what exactly the way that you use to pan in your Vp ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
RobDraw

@graeme.board wrote:
As described; you would have to move every viewport as well - not something I have time or inclination to do.

This does not have to be a long complicated process if you only have a few viewports.

With that said, I think model space viewports are what you are looking for:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report