Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Osnap-from function?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
282 Views, 3 Replies

Can't find Osnap-from function?

I am using Autocad 2019 for the first time, and I can't find Ospan-from. I see the icon in the osnap toolbar but I cannot click on it. When I go into the Osnap settings, I don't see the icon. I just want to be able to draw a line, and then begin a new line at a specific point on that line (example, I draw a 5" line and then begin a new adjacent line off of this line that starts 1" off the 5" line). 

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't exactly understand what your issue is.

Please paste this (setvar "filedia" 1) to your command prompt then click enter key.

Then see if it solves your problem.

Hope this helps otherwise upload a screenshot - this is always helpful.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 4
GrantsPirate

Just to be clear, you are starting the Line command and THEN picking From?  

Are you seeing an error message at the command line?

Using object snap tracking is less work, you might want to set that to on instead.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

FROM is not a running osnap, never has been, never will be, and it does not exist in the "osnap settings" pop-up.

You start a command, then invoke FROM then use it. You only invoke FROM while in a command and only just before you use it. It cannot be just on all the time, it is not that type of "osnap".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report