Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a hand creating a custom hatch?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tellis
683 Views, 6 Replies

Can I get a hand creating a custom hatch?

Hi guys,

I have a pattern which I want to turn into a hatch, but I don't have knowhow to do it through CAD LT and I don't have full CAD available to me right now. Can I ask one of you lovely people to help turn the attached pattern into the hatch file? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: tellis

How important is the specific angle of the ends?  Because of the way linesets are defined in Hatch pattern definitions, it would be a lot easier if that could be tweaked [sharpened] just a little so that the red piece lies along a continuation of the green piece:

Hatch.PNG

It would make this much difference:

Hatch2.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 7
tellis
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

If it makes sense to do that slight adjustment then go for it. Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Kent1Cooper

Never mind -- it's not too far before an aligning edge occurs, so it's just a matter of a fairly long pen-up [negative-number] designation at the end of the diagonal lineset code lines.  Try this [minimally tested]:

;; TEST.pat -- only ONE definition, called *TEST [copy to separate file with real pattern name]

*TEST, description here if desired
90, 0,0, 11.75,1, 10.5,-13
231.34019175, 0,0, 14.79746394,0.31234752, 1.60078106,-73.63592873
308.65980825, 0,0, 14.79746394,-0.31234752, 1.60078106,-73.63592873

NOTE that while this code window doesn't allow it, if you put this in a .pat file of its own, it needs to end with a hard return / blank line, not just at the end of the code content.  And the file name [not including the .pat filetype ending] must exactly match the pattern name defined in it.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 7
tellis
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for sending this, but it won't load the hatch. I can see it within my hatch drop down menu but wont' select it. 

Message 6 of 7
Patchy

Put a blank space at the end of the definition.

pat.jpg

Message 7 of 7
tellis
in reply to: Patchy

Got it! I did have the space there but I had to remake the file and it ended up working. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report